Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Up for sale are a set of Four (4) New-in-box Koni Sport Adjustable Shocks for ALL '98-02 Honda Accords :drool:

Front part # 8041 1257SPORT
Rear Part # 8041 1258SPORT

AND

Eibach Pro-Kit for 2000 Honda Accord - Approx. 1.5" Drop all around :cool:

Part # 4041.140

Asking $220 OBO for Pro-Kit and $525 OBO for Konis

As I said before, these are ALL NIB and NEVER USED! :eek:

Prefer local sale, but will ship @ buyer's expense.
:cheers:

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
pastaVTEC said:
Asking $250 for Pro-Kit and $550 for Konis

As I said before, these are ALL NIB and NEVER USED! :eek:

Prefer local sale, but will ship @ buyer's expense.

These WILL be going on EBAY before weeks-end, so if you want 'em, ACT QUICK!! :cheers:
Damn... Shox.com has the Pro-Kit for $220 and the Shocks for $548... good luck ;)

·
Registered
235 Posts
hehe yea, and tirerack.com has the springs for $238.00 and the shocks for $552.00 and thats just buying 4 seperate ones. so......as mentioned.....good luck :rofl:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Prices lowered- thanks for the help guys :rolleye2:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe it's 5-way, but I'll check in the morning just to be sure! :up:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
98exaccord said:
do the shocks have the 3way adjustment or the 5way adjument on them, might be interested
They seem to be 3-way- the instructions that came with them have no words, only pictures :bs:

Here's what their site says:
Adjustment Procedure 8041, 8042, 8241, 8610, 8641, 8742 Series

Rebound Adjustment Procedures

Externally Adjustable. These dampers can be adjusted, literally at the turn of a knob, a technique borrowed from Formula-1 racing where KONI dampers have dominated the field for years. One can switch back and forth, in most cases in a matter of seconds, from a comfortable "touring" setting to a more firmer setting for a sporty drive. By means of a knob damping forces can be altered to driving conditions or personal preferences.

REBOUND ADJUSTMENT DIRECTION

* Clockwise = Softer
* Counter Clockwise = Firmer

COMPRESSION ADJUSTMENT DIRECTION

* Clockwise = Firmer
* Counter Clockwise = Softer
As I said before, these are NEW IN BOX... only opened to make sure all parts were present.

Eibach Pro-Kit hasn't even been opened!! :eek:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Koni Yellow's are infinitely adjustable, meaning there are no designated notches that you 'feel' when you set the shocks. They top rotates a little over 720 degrees, so you can imagine how much fine tuning you can do with these. Also, I should mention, since I already own a set of these fine shocks, that the shocks themselves can adjust your ride height. For example, I also have the pro-kit, but my drop is more like 2.25 in the front and 2 in the back, as opposed to 1.5/1.5 This is acheived because the spring perches on the shocks themselves are adjustable. However, Koni doesn't recommend using the lower perch if your springs drop your car more than 2 inches to begin with....

EDIT: Should also mention that the Normal Koni Sports have a 3 way adjustable perch, but if you can find yourself a set of neuspeed edition Sports, they have 5 way adjustable perches and a shorter shock piston, which is how I got to 2.25 inches.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alex said:
Koni Yellow's are infinitely adjustable, meaning there are no designated notches that you 'feel' when you set the shocks. They top rotates a little over 720 degrees, so you can imagine how much fine tuning you can do with these. Also, I should mention, since I already own a set of these fine shocks, that the shocks themselves can adjust your ride height. For example, I also have the pro-kit, but my drop is more like 2.25 in the front and 2 in the back, as opposed to 1.5/1.5 This is acheived because the spring perches on the shocks themselves are adjustable. However, Koni doesn't recommend using the lower perch if your springs drop your car more than 2 inches to begin with....

EDIT: Should also mention that the Normal Koni Sports have a 3 way adjustable perch, but if you can find yourself a set of neuspeed edition Sports, they have 5 way adjustable perches and a shorter shock piston, which is how I got to 2.25 inches.
Thanks for the clarification! :up2:

Now who wants the springs!?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts