Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale is a custom fiberglass 12" sub box for 7th gen.

$150 firm picked up. shipping could be an option if the price is right and i have time to find a box/packing nuts.

1.1 cubic feet internal space sealed. has edead layer inside, bottom is 3/4" MDF base and rest if fiberglassed 4 to 5 layers. shaped perfectly to clear the trunk arm. Covered in black pseudo-suede, but needs to be reapplied (you do it).

pickup either in OC (buena park) on weekends or West LA during the week.

It's connected to my elemental designs 13kv.2 right now, you can hear how good it shakes up the car, it'll take me 10 mins to take it apart.

PM for details, but first to show up with cash/paypals wins!

sorry about the ginormous pics. -_-"

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
roy!! thanks man, appreciate it.

custom made sub boxes like these are really hard to find for 12" subs... it took me months to get it right, compared to the money and hours i put into this 150 is quite the steal. someone take it!

·
Registered
340 Posts
OMG thats what I'm looking for i was gonna make somethin like that never tryed fiberglass so i was gonna make me a custom box like that, but this looks like a good price, um would a jl w3 12'' fit just curious im interested in this box
u got pm

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
aDo Manija: answered your PM. i don't know about the specifics on the JL w3, maybe someone else can help? it's meant for 1.0 cft sealed, so that would be up to you. it's perfect for my 13kv.2 from edesigns audio, and a bit small for my next setup (13av.2), which is why i'm selling.

oswhiteboy!! i followed your install man, that was some good stuff. good to see some other fabricators on v6p. =) i'm going to a vented 1" MDF 2.0 cft. quite excited about my next setup.

xjdMb16a2six: i put velcro on it, but the fiberglass makes such a perfect fit into the corner (plus it's heavy) that it will never move. Plus when the trunk is closed the trunk arm keeps the box in place.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
woot for edesigns indeed, i've been with them since they started their promos in clubrsx back in 2003 or so and they are amazing. very excited about the nine.1 powering 1200W for the 13av.2

and yes, i really should wash my 'cord. busy busy

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
as for the JL sub, i just did some reading. the box will fit the sub very nicely, and I would recommend getting some polyfil from partsexpress as they recommend 1.25 cft while this box is a 1.1cft.

hope that helps.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes, it would matter. However, that problem can be easily solved by ading stacks of MDF wood to the bottom so that it would be 1.1 cft - physical displacement of sub - added MDF = .85 cft.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
there are pending bids, but after the weeks i put into the enclosure? 100's just not going to cut it. sorry.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts