Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Up for sale is my GTP cf trunk.

i have showed, and now it's time to let go. I'd rather keep it as one of the few on the lower side of the United States but if it needs to be shipped then so be it.

BUYER WILL PAY SHIPPING!!

I originally bought it intending to get it fixed at my body shop. But i ended up fixing it myself.

The trunk holds by 3 holes right now, no shaking while driving and it does not hold loose....it holds strong.

I will send the correct size bolts with it so that you don't have to go to the trouble of buying extras. And you will have to drill out the trunk arms a little to fit.

The trunk fits near perfect. Due to not many people having this trunk you need to know that you have to snip a piece of the inner tail light out for them to sit flush. It's actually a useless piece that gets snipped off.

and a profile shot to show fitment.

I do recommend taking it to a body shop and getting the fiberglass touched up because it is still messy. but still holds strong.

*little damage* these look a lot worse than they really are. because i used the macrofunction and am very close to the trunk.

trunk will not come w/ emblem, i'm putting it back on my stock trunk.

asking price is 380.00 + shipping.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Du3ce said:
how much is shipping to 80021? any chance u can go lower on the price?
sup dude. after this week is over, if i don't get the price i want i'm willing to do the best offer. Just send me a pm or something with your offer. I'll figure out the shipping for you tonight.

·
MARTIN
1,411 Posts
what is all of that smeared on the trunk?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As i've said before, when i got the trunk it was nothing but a garage ornament. Reputable shops in houston turned down the work, and frankly i'm glad because the hourly labor would have raped me.

I repaired by my own hands the trunk in order for it to fit securely.(this was said in the first post had Du3ce read).

If you do your research you know what these trunks go for retail.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TRUV6 said:
what is all of that smeared on the trunk?
fiberglass. u can sand it off easily.

if you are meaning the outside of the trunk, it's just dirt. The car sits in the garage most of the time. It gets driven once a day at most.

·
central Cali accords
2,747 Posts
Nice trunk but you have to be on Tyrone Biggum's level to pay that price bro.. especially in that condition as well. Bump for you

·
LaLaLaLa
4,852 Posts
in the end, i covered for the shipping costs - it came out to ~$270. i honestly didnt want to deal with the shipping cost from UPS, finding a box and the popcorn and ensuring it getting to the destination in 1 piece. i originally quoted you ~$70 for shipping and asked you to cover another $100, but in the end in ended up losing my profit margin (of breaking even with darksideaccord of whom i paid $135) and i ended up using that to cover for the trunk.

and roy gave me a few quotes from a few body shops in my area for $80 or so.

and i had disclosed that as well.

Jace was easy to communicate with and was willing to pay, so i think thats about all i can say about what went on.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
stupidaznmunkey said:
in the end, i covered for the shipping costs - it came out to ~$270. i honestly didnt want to deal with the shipping cost from UPS, finding a box and the popcorn and ensuring it getting to the destination in 1 piece. i originally quoted you ~$70 for shipping and asked you to cover another $100, but in the end in ended up losing my profit margin (of breaking even with darksideaccord of whom i paid $135) and i ended up using that to cover for the trunk.

and roy gave me a few quotes from a few body shops in my area for $80 or so.

and i had disclosed that as well.

Jace was easy to communicate with and was willing to pay, so i think thats about all i can say about what went on.
thanks dan. you're an honest seller, and that's what i'm trying to be too. ( i wish u told me it was actually costing you more, i would have helped cover it!)

in no way was the body shops here not being able to do the work your fault, it's just a matter of bad luck for me.

·
LaLaLaLa
4,852 Posts
Legendaryyaj said:
You got chance to take it at $135 from stupidaznmonkey.
he couldnt get it from me because of financial reasons, so dont tag that on him - he had dibs and Jace did not come along to pick up the trunk till a few weeks later after du3ce backed out.

all du3ce is trying to say is "is selling the trunk at the price he is selling it really worth the cost of the trunk?"

·
Registered
790 Posts
just wanted to let you know. for those damage on the exterior part, you can always sand it and wetsand it. it'll look brand new when it's all done. but free bump for this bad-ass CF trunk!

·
I'm shaved
478 Posts
I'm lost here. Can someone explain to me why this trunk is worth $380 in the condition it is? I'm not trying to bag on your sale or anything I just don't get whats so special about this one compared to other ones in perfect condition for around the same price?

I've seen duece around for quite awhile now and I can honestly say I haven't seen nor heard a bad thing about the guy.

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
i mean... honestly... who cares what the guy sells it for... people buy parts from a source then resells it for more. It's called business... in all honesty, your thread bash du3ce wasn't very professional... no one is getting ripped off because you cannot find a working cf trunk for that price.

Now if you can find a fully working trunk without broken mounts for cheaper than what he's offering, then it'll be fair to inform other members about it. But the way you defended your position and the way you have essentially "ruined" this seller, is very lame.... especially he turned down your offer.. and right afterwards you posted the FYI bullet.

·
Regan
594 Posts
Amen to that! good luck with the sale Jace.

kramer2k said:
CRIB NOTES

Jace is now selling a trunk lid that he bought from StupidAzMunkey for a higher price than he bought it for.

WHO GIVES A F**K!!

Law of demand folks. If someone wants the item for the price asked, SO BE IT!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts