Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Fast at Last!... kind of.
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thinking of selling my current steering wheel, in favour of an upgrade. I've had this for a little over a year now and gone through many MANY steering wheel setups (S2000, RSX, DC5, EP3, TL-S, just to name a few. =P )

The wheel started off as an JDM Integra Type-R steering wheel complete with single-stage airbag but since the outer edge of the steering wheel was scuffed a bit (I'm anal about anything and everything that touches my car), I sold the outer portion and picked up a mint UKDM Civic Type-R EP3 outer wheel. But then I wasn't satisfied because it had no cruise, so I grabbed the back of an USDM S2000 wheel and the cruise control unit from it so I can have cruise control again.

This was the result.

I'm asking $440 USD shipped Paypal fees included to anywhere in North America for this unique setup. Think it's too much? You try putting something like this together. I'm not in a hurry to sell as it is still one of my favourite steering wheel combos. (I have owned about 6 to date, I think).

I'm open to trades for the following:
Works Bell Rapfix GTC
Works Bell Standard Hub
OMP Corsica

SOLD

·
NSX dreamer
1,910 Posts
I love all the red stitching.

i was thinking of buying an S2k wheel off of someone i know, can you post a pic of how it looked when you had the s2k wheel installed? also, being that you have a post 2000 av6 (i'm assuming this because your needles are red), how did you get it to work with a single stage airbag?

·
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love all the red stitching.

i was thinking of buying an S2k wheel off of someone i know, can you post a pic of how it looked when you had the s2k wheel installed? also, being that you have a post 2000 av6 (i'm assuming this because your needles are red), how did you get it to work with a single stage airbag?

See why I wasn't feeling the S2k wheel? The old-school logo just isn't for me.

Ahhhh that's better.

Good luck finding an S2k wheel/airbag combo, much less an intact airbag alone. I've seen the airbag go for $300 USD on s2ki.

I have a 1998 Accord 4cyl. My needles aren't red, it's photoshopped. =)

·
NSX dreamer
1,910 Posts
okay, i agree it doesn't look the best..but the guy was selling the full wheel and airbag for 150! however, would you recommend an RSX one? it looks like yours except has the acura badge on it..would that be in poor taste? i can get one for about 200 total.

·
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
okay, i agree it doesn't look the best..but the guy was selling the full wheel and airbag for 150! however, would you recommend an RSX one? it looks like yours except has the acura badge on it..would that be in poor taste? i can get one for about 200 total.
Yes it would be in poor taste.

not to get off topic but wow that's awesome interior. what kind of seats are those?
Civic SiR EP3 seats. They are now replaced with Bride Gias and Zeta III.

Thanks for the comments guys, if you have further questions about my interior, please PM me. Let's keep this thread more sales-oriented, yeah?

·
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠
5,355 Posts
you and you're all-black interior, I hate you..

Bumo for a good guy, and seller...plus a quality piece of merchandise

·
Brad
4,318 Posts
How does this compare in size to the OEM accord steering wheel? Is it still installed on your car, or can you take more pictures of the setup?

·
Registered
474 Posts
lol bout the tan interior but i agree(have Naples gold car myself) i hate to thread jack but where did you get the shift boot and knob? /thread jack

·
Registered
168 Posts
Wait so I thought the only steering wheels we could swap into our accords were the 1999-2003 Acura CLS/TLS steering wheels? Have I been lied to? :bawling:

·
NSX dreamer
1,910 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts