Accord V6 Forum banner

FS K sports Kontrol

3K views 54 replies 15 participants last post by  dangt 
#1 ·
I have these K sports laying around. they have about 15k miles on them or so, I'm the 2nd owner. I traded the 1st owner my stock ones for these and they been sitting in my garage ever since the trade, wanted to go lower but change my mind now.

the 1st pic makes the cylinder groove thing looks all shiny but there is a little corrosion between the grooves.
also you may notice that there is no wrenches, I didn't get them from the last owner since he lost them.

Don't really know how much to ask for since no one is selling any, but on the K sport website they are 1300. So I suppose $600 shipped.

See less See more
#20 ·
Yes, I'm very interested I just have a couple questions regarding them. I've been doing my research on these and overall people seem to be very satisfied with this set up. However, quite a few people complain of the shocks blowing out on them prematurely (one poor guy changed his shocks 5 times in a short period of a little over a year!) So my question is are the shocks blown or about to blow? Also, I'm dealing with another guy here on V6P regarding Tein SS with 20000 Miles on them in good condition as well for $600 Shipped (deal is not finalized however). In your HONEST opinion which do you think is the better deal and better overall coilover Teins or Ksports? Thanks.

#26 ·
about the shocks blown or about to blow, I have no idea because after I traded the guy I just bought them home and put them away. I was waiting till I got another set of wheels and tires before I put the K sports on and go lower. I have the Tein SS on and they are fine, just not low enough and to me its not stiff enough for my taste, feels like my old 06 civic si stock suspension. My friend had some K sports on his DC and it feels great.

I have a pair of JVT headers. They are pretty good. Only thing I hate hitting my down pipe lol but that's because i'm dropped pretty low. I need to replace my gaskets from the flanges since they gave out but other than that they're pretty darn good for $180.
ah so someone did buy some and tried it out, I was searching everywhere for a review on these. do they just bolt right up fine? cracks?

#27 ·
No cracks at all. Just simply scraped the bottom of my downpipe lol. Anyway, as far as bolting up right. it does bolt up right at the engine block but kind of weird to mount them at the bottom so you have to do a combination of both to mount the headers. Which in the end, they end up mounted right. Only problem I have is that idk if I did a tight seal but I lost a gasket where the downpipe and header is connected in the front so I got massive leak. Overall, its a good header.

#32 ·
nah no thanks man, want to go up in size not smaller.

it don't have to be wheels, I could use a lip kit, mainly Oem is what I'm interested. my color is DEP
or some performance stuff would work, I got that itch for speed. Just drove my friends sc300 with a 2jz twin turbo, crapped my pants.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.