Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: Kumho Ecsta 711 225/40R18 (3 Tires avail) *TREAD READING*

I got a flat... unrepairable (sidewall pos) so I'm selling the other 3 good ones. I'll get a tread depth reading tomorrow morning.

Hoping to deal locally... i'll deliver to your doorstep lol

I've seen these new for around 75/each... so I'm looking for 150 (50 each)

Will part out individual tires.

Thanks!

-- Best bang for the buck tire out there! If you're willing to pay more, though, other tires are A LOT better =P

I've upgraded to Pirelli PZero Nero M S. Awesome except for the lame ass tread pattern following the "rain grooves" in the damn freeways... Lexus ride quality on nice roads though :D

·
Registered
662 Posts
if they have above 85% tread, ill take all 3 for $180 shipped, let me know.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have any idea how much shipping would be? i've never shipped anything big like this before

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
robbyx_209[9] said:
depending on the tread, i might be interested.... you willing to deliver to palm springs area???
I'll meet you halfway :D unless you wanna pay a few bucks more for gas (... at least I'm a 4-banger that sips gas... 120 miles... x2 ways... about 1/2 tank... so like 15 more would be a fair gas charge (takes about 42 to fill my 18.5 tank)

I'll get tread depths in the morning w/ pix

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
xravexboix said:
I'll meet you halfway :D unless you wanna pay a few bucks more for gas (... at least I'm a 4-banger that sips gas... 120 miles... x2 ways... about 1/2 tank... so like 15 more would be a fair gas charge (takes about 42 to fill my 18.5 tank)

I'll get tread depths in the morning w/ pix
sounds good, keep me updated... BTW, which tire was unrepairable??

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
robbyx_209[9] said:
sounds good, keep me updated... BTW, which tire was unrepairable??
left front... i have a bent lip (bent prior to tire... damn potholes in feb)... quite a puncture... but i left that tire at the tireshop... probably gone by now.

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
sorry for being off topic but...

how well does these tires perform? & have u owned a set of it before?

I'm currently in the market for a set of 18" tires for my new rims, and the 711 are the cheapest @ 60 a pop no shipping at tirerack. So i'm wondering how good its tread life and handling is?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
DV8 said:
sorry for being off topic but...

how well does these tires perform? & have u owned a set of it before?

I'm currently in the market for a set of 18" tires for my new rims, and the 711 are the cheapest @ 60 a pop no shipping at tirerack. So i'm wondering how good its tread life and handling is?
You get what you pay for... it's a budget tire that should only be touched if you need tires desperately.

Ride/Handling - Good ride quality ""FOR THE PRICE"" and decent handling (needs a lil more corner grip though)

Noise - I had Bridgestone Potenza on stock 15", stock suspension... prior to this the STOCK solara was the quietest non-Lexus around hahaha

Tread life... about 15K and 1 year later (no rotation... i was stupid) the rear tires are still near new... the front are dead...

TREAD READINGS AS FOLLOWS:
Left area, mid area, mid area, Right area
New tires are either 9/32nd or 10/32nd depending on manufacturer... so you do the % change hahaha

TIRE A (Front Right Tire):
2/32 4/32 3/32 3/32

TIRE B (Left Rear Tire):
7/32 9/32 8/32 7/32

Tire C (Right Rear Tire):
6/32 9/32 9/32 7/32
Price is now reduced to $120 (2 virtually new tires, 1 w/ probably only 5000 miles of normal driving left)

My driving habits: Normal freeway/street driving... like to take curves (10 Freeway exits in Monterey Park, where I live) fast (riceboy mentallity? probably hahaha), occassional (5 or 6x) canyon carving w/ "the troops"...

So ya... Let this be a lesson to you all... ROTATE YOUR DAMN TIRES! :D

Tire pics, last tire shown is the front tire that's worn. The little metal thing is what we use at the dealership to measure tread depth.

·
Registered
662 Posts
they are supposed to have 320 treadwear rating, whatever that means. if they use the same standards as other tire companies, thats pretty good for performance tires.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RKV said:
they are supposed to have 320 treadwear rating, whatever that means. if they use the same standards as other tire companies, thats pretty good for performance tires.
that's pretty high actually... the Fuzion tires (Bridgestone's "Scion", if you will) have a 300 rating while the Toyo Proxes 4 also have a 300 Rating... my Pirellis have a 400 rating =D

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ttt

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
***SOLD*** (Yay for Solaraguy members that don't lowball hahaha)

Thanks for looking!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts