Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: PAC SWI-X $20 Shipped

Steering wheel adapter used to regain control of my steering wheel control in my 2000 EX V6 accord.

$20 Shipped I think This will fit in a bubble envelope and can go USPS priority.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do accept Paypal but will add 3% for Credit Card transactions.

I will work to get photos up this evening thanks for your interest.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It works VERY well w/Kenwood. Not sure on the other brands but I'd imagine it would be fine, i used it w/ a Kenwood Excelon, you have to splice it to just one wire, so the sea of other wires for the swi-x i trimmed and taped off (you'll see in the pic), you tap the one white wire to the red/green wire in the radio harness which was easy to do, use the same power as your radio head unit and you're in business. I snaked the IR sensor in the center console just under the armrest And it only had problems using it if I had a huge drink like a big gulp in the cup holder which would block the IR from broadcasting to the unit

I am sorry I was unable to get pictures last night but will try and post this AM.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Oh snap... this almost looks like i can get it to work on my mac...

Hmm... i need a ir receiver or something...hmm...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm not positive but I think this only works w/radios that have a remote control..not sure but here's the link to the http://pac-audio site..

http://pac-audio.com/products/productsCatagory.asp?mmSearch=Steering Wheel Interface

Note: The SWI-X interfaces will only work with infrared remotes that use a 38-40kHz carrier frequency. Consult with equipment manufacture to determine the carrier frequency.
Currently these radios from will not work: Sony XAV-7W, CDX-MP80, CDX-MP70, CDX-M850MP, CDX-M3DI, CDX-M800, CDX-CA900X, MEX-5D1, MEX-1HD,CDX-M730, CDX-M770, CDX-M7815X, CDX-M620, CDX-M670, CDX-CA850X, CDX-M9905X and CDX-CA860X units. Delphi XM SKYFI. Denon head units are unknown at this time.

I got pics and will post.. cleaning up my CAI for pics now too.. got the filter soaking cleaner at the moment..

K

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey still have this for sale if anyone would like it, finally sold the retros so this is one of my last things...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey i'm sorry somehow i missed the notification that people had posted.

I do not know if it fits on an 03, it was on a 2000 accord and worked well, for the others, I've sent pm, thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts