Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
530whp soon
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have some performance parts. Please no low ballers.
Paypal accepted.

BRAND NEW sylicone radiator hoses - RED color - Fits 6th. gen AV6 only
$42 shipped (48 states only) SOLD

Looks like this, just no bag available:

USED (excellent condition - 15K miles) J35A4 crank ('04 Odyssey)
$210 shipped - Perfect addition for 3.5L swap into 6th. gen AV6
SOLD

USED J32A2 - 6 fuel injectors ('03 CL-S)
$150 shipped - Perfect addition when used 3.2L Type S heads

Green cap (on the right) is Type S injector

·
Registered
582 Posts
Sorry for the noob question. But that crankshaft fits up to our block, rods, and pistons or no?

In other words, I can swap my crank for this one with all other internals remaining and all works? No shaving the pistons, etc? There's not much information on interchangeable internal parts for the j30 that I can find.

I swapped the 'e' crank to my 'i' block and had to shave the pistons 3mm when I was building my BMW block. But every bit of info I need ahead of time was out there for the reading.

Thanks for any info you can shoot me.

·
530whp soon
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Timmybighands said:
Sorry for the noob question. But that crankshaft fits up to our block, rods, and pistons or no?

In other words, I can swap my crank for this one with all other internals remaining and all works? No shaving the pistons, etc? There's not much information on interchangeable internal parts for the j30 that I can find.

I swapped the 'e' crank to my 'i' block and had to shave the pistons 3mm when I was building my BMW block. But every bit of info I need ahead of time was out there for the reading.

Thanks for any info you can shoot me.
If using 3.5 crank you'd need it's rods, bearings and stock pistons must be used to fit into 3.0L block. It might work but who knows all the details unless someone going to try first ;).

·
530whp soon
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pch said:
:bump: why you selling the crank? what did you get now? How is the tuning going?
I found a good deal hard to pass up. Adding couple more mods and plan to dyno end of April then hit the track ;).

·
530whp soon
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Accordiologist said:
4.2L stroker kit ????
Nah. My custom 3.5L block is gone to someone who's working on NA beast.
I've got brand NEW '03 J32A2 complete block instead including the money for the labor and extra parts. The swap is complete and currently in breaking stage :cool:

This J35 crank I've got through a friend who owns a body shop and came from rear ended Odyssey ;)

·
530whp soon
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Crank is gone along with not even advertised rods.
Injectors still remaining

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm still interested in this crank. I'm not sure why you'd need the rods and pistons though? I'm not really asking you to answer all my questions, just processing thoughts by writing them down. But hell, if you know - thanks a lot!

The bearings I can see needing to be from the 3.5... but why rods and pistons? Are the rods longer on the 3.5 blocks? Or are the wrist pins on the pistons 'off' from the 3.0's by a few mm? In either case - if the 3.5 crank fit into the block and I used the 'shorter' pistons and rods from my 3.0 I could just deck the block to raise compression.

However doing that will throw off timing considerably and AFAIK nobody makes adjustable cam gears for our cars?

[Napolian Dynamite voice] GOSH! [/Dynamite voice]

How else can I fit this thing in my car?

·
530whp soon
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Timmybighands said:
I'm still interested in this crank. I'm not sure why you'd need the rods and pistons though? I'm not really asking you to answer all my questions, just processing thoughts by writing them down. But hell, if you know - thanks a lot!

The bearings I can see needing to be from the 3.5... but why rods and pistons? Are the rods longer on the 3.5 blocks? Or are the wrist pins on the pistons 'off' from the 3.0's by a few mm? In either case - if the 3.5 crank fit into the block and I used the 'shorter' pistons and rods from my 3.0 I could just deck the block to raise compression.

However doing that will throw off timing considerably and AFAIK nobody makes adjustable cam gears for our cars?

[Napolian Dynamite voice] GOSH! [/Dynamite voice]

How else can I fit this thing in my car?
The crank has been SOLD

J35 rods are needed to match the large crank. If you attempt to fit into J30A1 you have to use stock pistons. And if you need to raise compression, get J30A4 (7th. gen AV6) pistons with rings set. Will it work absolutely perfect? Try and find out ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts