Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FS: Roll Cage - Coupe model only

this is a back half roll cage for coupe models. the roll cage is 4 pieces: main hoop, 2 side pieces, and rear deck bar. the main hoop can be drilled and mounted into the floor or just put in for looks if need be. this is a styling cage and should not be used for race/track events. the cage is however made of high grade steel, and is functional (just not track approved). i have used the cage to mount TV monitors, or other items if need be. the cage is powder coated in white, but you can change the color as you may see it.

ASKING FOR: $400 OBO (local buyer only) - southern california/los angeles area please. email: [email protected] for more info and details. THANKS

·
I'm not tryin' to be smart, but I'm wondering--what are the metal extensions on which you have LCD screens attached normally supposed to be used for?

·
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠
5,355 Posts
id put down an offer too, but im not in so cal..

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
u selln ur bride seats? if so, how much for them w/sliders...no brakets.

·
Registered
291 Posts
too bad it's not track approved...then i would get it

·
Registered
337 Posts
Could this cage be modified so that it is in fact track approved? Are those LCD arms removable? And, is the 400obo price include the screens? Please let me know soon.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DaveDB said:
I'm not tryin' to be smart, but I'm wondering--what are the metal extensions on which you have LCD screens attached normally supposed to be used for?

they were actually custom fabricated out of found materials at a local metal shop. so there i guess was no prior function to it being used as LCD attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AcCoRdCoUpE2k1 said:
Could this cage be modified so that it is in fact track approved? Are those LCD arms removable? And, is the 400obo price include the screens? Please let me know soon.
the price is W/O the screenes and the LCD arms. it is just for the roll cage itself. in order to be considered track approved, i believe the cage (the main hoop) along with the seperate components need to be properly welded into the chassis. and that was something i didnt want to do. but not too sure...

·
Registered
585 Posts
driven said:
I am a little confused.. whats the point of having one of those if you cant race it?
Not to dog on you or anything, but that was a dumb question:confused:. It is like saying why have a supercharger, or turbo with level 10 tranny with 19inch rims, and a BW kit.....for looks/show man.

BUMP for a decent price.

·
Banned
4,406 Posts
SlvrBulletV6 said:
Not to dog on you or anything, but that was a dumb question:confused:. It is like saying why have a supercharger, or turbo with level 10 tranny with 19inch rims, and a BW kit.....for looks/show man.

BUMP for a decent price.
Not to dog on you or anything. But that was a dumb reply. :confused:
1. a supercharger makes you go faster.
2. "It is like saying why have a supercharger, or turbo with level 10 tranny with 19inch rims, and a BW kit"

any person that buys a level 10 tranny for a v6 accord is an idiot. There are no good working turbos for an accord v6. A BW kit and rims replace stuff that is already there and IS ATLEAST STILL FUNCTIONAL!!!
3. The question I asked was whats the purpose of adding a roll cage if its not functional.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
for points at shows!

·
6th and BEST Generation
973 Posts
local only? Do you mind telling me where I can buy this? Im in the Chicago area in case you change your mind about the local thing. BTW , how far r u from Redlands, CA.? My company has a branch there that has truck loads of product shipped to Chicago once a week and I might be able to arrange throwing this on one of the trucks to deliver to me.

-Andy

·
201 Posts
tool462 said:
local only? Do you mind telling me where I can buy this? Im in the Chicago area in case you change your mind about the local thing. BTW , how far r u from Redlands, CA.? My company has a branch there that has truck loads of product shipped to Chicago once a week and I might be able to arrange throwing this on one of the trucks to deliver to me.

-Andy
Hey Andy,
There is a company called RS Akimoto that used to make back half cages like this. They were called monkey bars. I have been looking for 2 years now for some place that sells them and have had no luck. Let me know if you find a place that sells them or something like this.

Brian

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
monkey bars is the actually the company that manufactured this kit. this was the first production kit made for the accord coupe model. monkeybars and rs akimoto had a deal to distribute these cages (back half styles) and after a few shipments, the deal stopped. rs akimoto no longer sells these cages, and monkeybars no longer does these back half style cages....

00AccordTypeR said:
Hey Andy,
There is a company called RS Akimoto that used to make back half cages like this. They were called monkey bars. I have been looking for 2 years now for some place that sells them and have had no luck. Let me know if you find a place that sells them or something like this.

Brian

1 - 20 of 24 Posts