Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
The Anti-Virus
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trading in my 2003 Accord EX v6 coupe, so I'm trying to give my aftermarket parts good new homes.

This HID retro Larry (littodevil) did and would be a complete setup including S2000 projectors, blue LEDs in front of the high beam reflector, Hella gen 3 ballasts, and Phillips 5000K D2S bulbs. But there's a slight catch. They would probably need a visit to Larry to correct the rotational adjustment issue and I believe the ballasts may not working correctly. Originally this setup was around $1500ish, but since there are known issues I would charge way less than that. Not sure how much Larry would charge to fix them up, and not sure how much Hella gen 3 ballasts are nowadays either.

If you are going to have Larry dial them in, coordinate it with him, and I'll ship them directly to him for you if you want to save some shipping around the country. If the two beams being slightly off doesn't bother you, and generally no one else will notice when you are driving, then you would just have to diagnose if the ballasts need to be replaced or not. They were acting a bit funny for me before I removed them and I never dug into what was going on, it could have been a wiring issue since I ran them without a wiring harness. But I can't say for sure, so I just want to warn potential buyers ahead of time.

$450 shipped, which I think is fair since you may have to spend a few hundred more getting them up and running.

·
The Anti-Virus
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I thought it was a fair price since a little work would have to be done to get them perfect again. A clever person might be able to coerce the rotational adjustment back into working, I just didn't want to mess with them.

·
The Anti-Virus
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Unfortunately no I don't. I never thought to do that while they were installed, sorry.

They are off enough to notice when they are shining against a wall or object, but during normal driving you would never know. And people can't tell unless they are looking at the beam pattern on some other object... really just depends on how picky you are.

Had I been keeping the car, I would have tried to coerce the rotational adjustment mechanism to be able to adjust it. If that had failed, I would have sent them back to Larry for him to take apart and fix the mechanism.

·
4 door Coupe
593 Posts
this is a good price.. but its just the wrong color for me, and im not a fan of the "angel eye". but man, this is a really good price

·
The Anti-Virus
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just don't hook up the angel eyes... you can't really see them anyways when the HIDs are on. :D

·
The Anti-Virus
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, I just suspected that the ballasts might be bad. It might be because I had a wiring issue, I never used a wiring harness. So the ballasts could have been shutting down because of low voltage or some other issue. But I never got around to diagnosing the problem, so I'm just trying to warn potential buyers that they *might* have to buy new ballasts. They also might be just fine if hooked up using a wiring harness. I just can't say one way or the other for sure. I try to just be as honest as possible so there are no surprises and no unhappy buyers.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
is there any way you can get larry on here and let us know how much it would be to fix all the
potential issues? like a maximum price? Im interested but since I know nothing about retros
and how much it costs to fix them, I dont want to buy something I dont have the feds to fix.

it would be great if larry could get us an estimate.

also, do you have pics of them on the car?

·
The Anti-Virus
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll see if I can get Larry to chime in. He was the one that originally mentioned to me that he could do the repair on them pretty easily.

As for pics on the car...

·
The Anti-Virus
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I pm'd Larry, so hopefully he can post an estimate.

·
The Anti-Virus
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I thought it was a fair deal... yet still no takers. This would be perfect for someone that was getting ready to do their own retro anyways and were prepared to do a little work for them. It could significantly reduce the costs involved...

I could probably make more money disassembling them and selling the pieces, but I'd rather not destroy a nice pair of retros if I don't have to.

·
The Anti-Virus
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Matt!

No someone buy these! They are all packed and waiting to ship... they need a good home!

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
xjdMb16a2six said:
someone should just jump on this. s2k proj are 300 bucks alone
considering I dont know how much it costs to fix larry's work... I dont wanna pick up
a load that I cant handle... Ill probably need a wiring harness since the OP said he
doesnt have it, maybe fix that alignment, and probably get new ballasts... I have no
clue how much either of these items will cost.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts