Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling Hella HID 4300k. I've only had this kit for about 2 months.
I decided to do a retrofit instead of the TYCs.

So I'll sell these for $300 + I'll install this HID kit FOR FREE since the TYCs require modification to the housing. Kit is in PERFECT condition

·
Official V6P Retro Whore
3,899 Posts
HehEHe,

you're like me Dan, you are toooooooo picky about your setup and are never satisfied :) Tell me, what are you planning for your next project? bixenon or good old audi tt.

·
Registered
60 Posts
dont accords needs like special housings cuz my friend used HIDs from is300 on his accord and he said his headlights are ''melting away'' is that true or no?

·
Brad
4,318 Posts
I was thinking about doing the same thing Dan. I'm happy with the purchase of the HID kit, but looking on hidforum.com and seeing pics of the 2004 s2000 cutoff makes me feel immensely inferior. I've been looking on eBay for a set of projectors now because of it. :)

Please post pics of every step of the installation for us!

And good luck selling, people with TYCs should jump on this deal.

·
Registered
670 Posts
if sneakyxaccord doesnt pick them up i'll take them....let me just make sure, i buy the HID's from you and i buy the TYC's somewhere else and you'll install both right?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
99AccordEXv6 said:
if sneakyxaccord doesnt pick them up i'll take them....let me just make sure, i buy the HID's from you and i buy the TYC's somewhere else and you'll install both right?
CORRECT!!

So if sneakyxaccord falls through, you're next on my list 99AccordEXv6.

·
Registered
144 Posts
just want you to know that bixenon won't fit in the TYC headlights. Better off getting BMW 3 series non bixenon projectors.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lights said:
just want you to know that bixenon won't fit in the TYC headlights. Better off getting BMW 3 series non bixenon projectors.
Cool thanks, appreciate the help! I actually decided on ECE Valeo Projectors. What do you think of that setup? They are some of the smallest projectors and have INCREDIBLE light output and beam pattern.

·
Registered
144 Posts
those are nice! go get them! :)
Use the existing screws from the TYC headlights and make new brackets for your ECE projectors. You'll be surprised that it's not too hard to retrofit in these.

·
Official V6P Retro Whore
3,899 Posts
loxllxol said:
Cool thanks, appreciate the help! I actually decided on ECE Valeo Projectors. What do you think of that setup? They are some of the smallest projectors and have INCREDIBLE light output and beam pattern.
where are you getting those from?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bdeitemeyer said:
Probably off eBay, but who knows. I'm going to end up doing the same thing, but I'd rather use s2000 projectors.
S2000 projectors are pretty big. You sure they'll fit in the TYCs?

I wanna be able to use projectors on the TYCs w/o hacking them up. There's a guy on hidforums.com that already retroed 3 series projectors and it was a perfect fit.

Aren't the Valeo projectors and 3 series projectors about the same size?

·
Brad
4,318 Posts
I'm doing research on it right now, I think retrofitting ece valeos would be much easier than s2000s, but I don't mind a good challenge. Chances are I won't be able to use the s2000 projectors, but for now that's my goal.

·
v6p gangster
988 Posts
ohhh ohhh i want i want

·
Brad
4,318 Posts
Depth x Height X Width of...

A4/S4 DOT/ECE Valeo Projector: 147 x 84 x 98
S2000 Projector: 152.4 x 101.6 x 114.3
E46 3-Series Bosch Projector: 179 x 93 x 105

The smallest projector is actually:
Euro Golf IV Bosch Projector: 140 x 65 x 92

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bdeitemeyer said:
Depth x Height X Width of...

A4/S4 DOT/ECE Valeo Projector: 147 x 84 x 98
S2000 Projector: 152.4 x 101.6 x 114.3
E46 3-Series Bosch Projector: 179 x 93 x 105

The smallest projector is actually:
Euro Golf IV Bosch Projector: 140 x 65 x 92
Wow, thanks...that's really good info.

The E46 projectors are actually a direct replacement. So anything around that size or smaller would be a good swap.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts