Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The mods are set for i/h/p/e, works with 98 and 99 j30a1's. I had this on my car for just a short period of time, less then a year, but it definetly added a lil oomp higher up in the rpm band.

Looking for 285.00 plus shipping.

Let me know if wants more pictures, or if there area ay questions regarding installation, etc..

·
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^Truth

and yes, plug and play, takes 5 minutes to install...Took longer for me to install the switch somewhere than it took to plug it in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So what would happen if i installed this and all i have is Intake and Exhaust. But im looking to do the pulley here soon. Would it hurt me at all?

·
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
probably a lil..this unit plays with the fuel system, it could dump more fuel than your able to burn in, im not sure...could always wait til after you install the stuff. Like i said, it takes less than 5 minutes to install.

·
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
1,768 Posts
probably a lil..this unit plays with the fuel system, it could dump more fuel than your able to burn in, im not sure...could always wait til after you install the stuff. Like i said, it takes less than 5 minutes to install.

Actually, it "leans" out the A/F ratio to pull more HP from the engine. Our cars come from the factory set up to run fairly "rich".

UNICHIP can re-map to your specific mods also...I read somewhere it was like $25, but don't quote me. I've never had to re-map mine. You can also have it dyno tuned by an "authorized" tuner --by that I mean the tuner will need to have UNICHIP software to change the chips settings.

It's a good plug 'n play mod.

·
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the clarification..

Bump, Id like to sell this before I move in a few weeks..one less thing to pack.

·
Registered
101 Posts
So what would happen if i installed this and all i have is Intake and Exhaust. But im looking to do the pulley here soon. Would it hurt me at all?
I recall reading somewhere on here that having it "over-tuned" for lack of a better term, caused some people to stall out, constantly smell like fuel or go dead after hitting 3K rpm...i did a good amount of research before i bought mine and even tho my car has more mods than its set up for, driving in "b mode" is the only thing i dont recommend cuz i backfire from 3rd to 4th (only happened a few times and i have no idea why/how) and i stall from a cold start if b mode is engaged. not tryin to scare u, its definitely a good thing to use for remapping the a/f ratio's for non turbo/SCed applications.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts