Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Anti-Virus
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trading in my 2003 Accord EX v6 coupe, so I'm trying to give my aftermarket parts good new homes.

This HID retro I did and has Valeo E-code projectors and blue LEDs in front of the high beam reflectors. There is no rotational adjustment, but they are pretty close. If I remember correctly the passenger side is a bit off. The issue with these assemblies is the clear lenses really need to be replaced, unless you aren't worried about how they look up close. They were never hit, and I never figured out the reason for the spider web cracks. You could do this yourself or have Larry (littodevil) do it for you. If you want Larry to do it, I can always ship them directly to him to save you having to pay extra shipping charges. And if you have the lens off, you could always tweak the rotation to be perfect. My mistake was that I sealed them up before I test mounted them on my car. You would have to coordinate it with Larry if you want him to do the work, but I'll be glad to ship it to him or you.

Another idea would be to order a new set of these, which I think goes for around $200ish. Take the cover off of both sets. Then you can just pop out the internal bracket that I modified for the Valeo projectors and snap it into the new assembly and seal it up. Would be pretty easy retro since I alreay did the hard part. And you'd have a retro'd assembly for $450 which isn't too bad.

You will still need to get D2S bulbs and ballasts for this assembly. When I built these I used Hella gen 3 ballasts, but they would probably also work with Hella gen 4s or other brands as well.

$250 shipped OBO.

The worst of the cracking... passenger side.

·
The Anti-Virus
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have the time to work on these, or I would fix them and sell them for way more. These are perfect for someone who wants the project to be easier. All you would have to do is get a pair of the assemblies, heat them up to soften the sealant and separate the lens. Snap out the entire inside piece, and snap in the new one, test fit to the car to dial in the rotation of the projectors, and reseal the lenses. You wouldn't have to worry about the modification to the internal bracket for the projectors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts