Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aight, i took out my old f5m33 tranny a week or so ago, and got a new one...this one says f5m33V? Now i've heard that theres 27 tooth splines and 28 tooth splines, depending on what you had...i know i had a transmission with 27 teeth and they actually connected to the drive shafts at one point. now that i have this new one (which i'm not entirely certain is the RIGHT one :curse: ) I can't for the life of me get the drive shafts to connect. they just spin with a clankity clankity sound... the splined end of the shafts are all the way in, but if i spin one drive shaft, it doesn't spin the other like it did before i took it apart.... :gotme:

does ANYONE have ANY advise :confused:
don't everybody stand up at once now...

·
"Certified Hybrid Killer"
5,056 Posts
I don't know of any other 3000GT owners here, but you'd probably get all the hepl you need at: http://www.3si.org/forum/

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Count the splines ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
i think ive heard of that problem, i think that one tranny the shaft is longer than the other one so you cant mix them.. or i could be totally off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, i guess i'm gonna find out tomorrow. i'm having a real mechainc take a look at it. i'll keep you posted. thanks for the replies. perhaps i may be driving it again soon.
:woot:​

1 - 5 of 5 Posts