Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gas light has been on for the past 6 months. It won't shut off even when i fill up the tank after i've used up a full tank. Does anyone else have or ever had this problem and what can i do to fix it besides swap out my gas tank? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
this is what u do

maximeyescl said:
My gas light has been on for the past 6 months. It won't shut off even when i fill up the tank after i've used up a full tank. Does anyone else have or ever had this problem and what can i do to fix it besides swap out my gas tank? :confused:
try changing your gas cap an reseting ur computer that happens some times
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
YeuEmMaiMai said:
do you mean your low fuel light? try resetting your ECU but it may be a problem with the sending unit

:iagree: :werd:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
I have a somewhat similar problem but when my gas tank gets to half its really empty. Took it to honda and they said everything looks fine sending unit and everything. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
647 Posts
Cov6Rider said:
I have a somewhat similar problem but when my gas tank gets to half its really empty. Took it to honda and they said everything looks fine sending unit and everything. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

this same kind of problem used to happen ina chevy truck i had, it turned out to be the fuel pump, the only way i found out wat it was.... the truck finally wouldnt start, but it took a while.\\

i dont know if that s relevant for honda but maybe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
mike_d said:
this same kind of problem used to happen ina chevy truck i had, it turned out to be the fuel pump, the only way i found out wat it was.... the truck finally wouldnt start, but it took a while.\\

i dont know if that s relevant for honda but maybe

Ive also heard that it's a tipping point that my fuel pump could be going crap... But i have had this problem for 3yrs now and still runs good so who knows :gotme:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'll try to change the fuel cap. the ecu has been reset several times. would it be a fuse or anything like that? i've gotten kind of used to it by now. I just have to fill up my tank everytime. hope it's not the fuel pump. atleast my mechanic doesn't think so. thanks for all the input.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top