Accord V6 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠
5,355 Posts
im interested in one....just keep this thread updated. Id like to see how it turns out... My cucso front bar is completey scraped up, along with my dp....

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
chris...you should make a CF one...i'd buy that

jerkzack -- my friend's 02 4cyl Accord coupe somehow lost pretty much all it's oil...i'm talking the dipstick was dry...her car shut off (like it ran out of gas) with the oil light on before anything happened to the motor. the car's running fine now. ANNNND if you hit something hard enough to crack your oil pan so bad that you lose ALL traces of oil in 10 seconds? i'm pretty sure you stop and check it out...or that you've got bigger problems than an oil pan to worry about...like what happened to the wheel that just fell off...or why your transmission is being dragged behind you. you also said hardened steel at one point and aluminum at another point. the steel is going to be heavy...the aluminum is gonna be weak (unless you're talking about an alloy...but that's gonna cost a lot more). maybe you should consider making something to cover the oilpan and the tranny casing only.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Yes I know its a very old thread, so instead of making a new thread I figured I would ask on this old one...

Does anyone know someone who can make a custom skid plate, I want to get a good set of heads but I don't want to crack them as soon as I get them so I want to see if anyone has some feedback, I know Robert made one for his up in Texas but anyone in Cali or know where I can get one shipped for a decent price?

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
Just go to a metal fabrication shop. They can custom make one for you for a couple hundred bucks probably. Be sure to get a nice steel one though. If your car is lowered, and you're running an aluminum one, it's not going to last nearly as long.

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
I got my strut towers notched at a metal fab shop here in SoCal for like $120 or something like that, and although the pieces were smaller, the work was a bit more intensive. So I'm assuming making a skid plate would be under $250 at other places.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts