Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a gearshift knob that is bigger in diameter than the little tiny knob that come stock on the six speed.

I've been unable to find anything that has the same thread pattern as the Honda, the only knobs I've been able to locate fasten with a set screw, and I don't really want to damage the existing thread by tightening a set screw into it.

Anybody have some links or suggestions or better yet anyone changed their knobs?

·
Northcoast Tuner
318 Posts
My friend had some stupid wooden drawer or closet knob thing from his bathroom that he put on his 6th gen. Funny thing cuz it fit perfectly. It was started as a joke, but he had the damn wooden knob in his car for like 6 months...

·
Registered
503 Posts
im a fan of the momo shift knobs. they use the scews, but you put you put a rubber cover over the threads so there is absolutely 0 damage to any part of the shifter. I'm on my second one. . .i like changin it up every so often. But yeah momo works great and i like there style alot

·
Registered
511 Posts
i prefer the skunk 2... it's shaped like the type-r knobs, but it's weighted to .44 kg, which makes shifts feel MUCH more solid.

i can't stand those "universal" knobs... even if it IS momo.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i3igpete said:
i prefer the skunk 2... it's shaped like the type-r knobs, but it's weighted to .44 kg, which makes shifts feel MUCH more solid.

i can't stand those "universal" knobs... even if it IS momo.
Do you have pics or a link?

·
Registered
22 Posts
relentless said:
Are there any aftermarket knobs that have the 6 gear logo on top besides the s2K and type S knob?
rsx-s ?

but from what it sounds like you want, a MOMO might be the one for you, even though it does screw on. I've got the momo sphere knob and its a nice piece. I've also never had any problems with it slipping or turning at all. Holds nicely.

·
Registered
334 Posts
can any knob basically fit on our car? or is there ones that are specifically made for our car....another thing how do we change the knobs? i seen this on the forums before but i cant seem to find it

·
Registered
22 Posts
adamkim83 said:
can any knob basically fit on our car? or is there ones that are specifically made for our car....another thing how do we change the knobs? i seen this on the forums before but i cant seem to find it
there are lots of universal knobs that use 3-4 alan wrench screws that hold them onto the shifter that dont really require the threads. Different car companies have different thread pitches that they use to screw on the shift knobs, so ones that will fit your car wont necessarily fit another car. You can always get a knob that doesnt have the same pitch, and go to home depot or somthing and re-tap the knob so it does have your pitch. Might not be for the non mechanically inclined, but it will usually work.
I know of people with spec V's that have rsx knobs on their cars. Some retapped, others just screwed it on really hard lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts