Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of port and polished gasket matched gen 7 accord runners and a gen8 accord stock runners

Here are some of the changes

Gen 7

Gen 8

Side by side

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So if you are using the new magnesium manifold chances are you need to port the manifold to have it gasket match. You will need a 1-2mm increase.

Now why did I post this? Well I been getting a lot of request for PnP for people who wanted to gasket match the runners to the 3.7L manifold. But I am sure that the manifold also needs to be Ported to match the increase diameter of the runners. If anyone wants to measure the opening of the manifold to confirm this please post pictures

Using p2r gasket as reference probably not the best idea since they do deform over time

Also don't ask if the gen 8 runners fit the gen7 runner!!! Just look at it!

Last note. Do not gasket match the side going to the head unless u also plan to match the head. I have gasket match TLS heads so it was okay for me to do so beacuase it presevers the flow and will not increase turbulence due to a lip on the head side

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Did you measure the IM side down the row, meaning port #1,#2, then 3? Ill have to recheck mine but every runner set I have measured has had two identical and one slightly larger. Check it out.

FYI, unless you are swapping J37 heads as I did, u should never need to use these runners. I do see what you are saying thought. 8th Gen IM have smaller ports then the 7th gen runners. Very detailed !

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did do a 1,2,3 but there too many pictures. And yes there was an odd ball one.

I also started port and polishing them. I can see why the gen8 accord made 15whp after port and polish runners. The size on the IM is restricting the flow.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ hurry up and put the tranney I. Your car first

Reactions: Sonnick
1 - 6 of 6 Posts