Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
call me simon
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I get rid of my exhaust drone? It's ridiculous. I can't drive without wanting to shoot myself. Silencer maybe? Or should I just toss the Tanabe set up i got going on and opt for something that doesn't sound like sh*t.

·
call me simon
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i figured i'll just buy myself a pair...it just sucks how i have to spend another hundred. btw otsb you live in sac? I go to school Davis. Can i come and take a look at your car sometime?? I'm interested in seeing other 7th gens and what people been doing with them.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I had two resonators on my exhaust and it still had a slight drone.

Try dynomatting your floorboards.

·
call me simon
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so i've asked a few people and they have told me a bunch of different "remedies".
1. another resonator.
2 getting a premuffler.
3 dynomatting.
4. get dampeners

Which would be the most effective??

·
cunning linguist
984 Posts

·
call me simon
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
can you post a vid of the drone sound?
yeah i'll definitely post up a vid of it tomorrow. i just got back home from another muffler shop and they replaced it with another resonator but it still has a ridiculous drone at 2000 rpm. when it hit 2k it get this drone that creates the "airplane" feelign where your ears pop.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
damn,didnt think it would sound that bad.i thought it would of at least sounded decent if not good.sell it and get another setup.at leat you'll get some money out of it...

·
call me simon
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it's ridiculous. sounds like a bloated whale. my sister sat in the car with me and she start yelling cuz her ears were popping. i got the resonator replaced hoping that my old was defective?? too old? and it still sounds like ****. i think i'm going to try to add three to see if it'll stop it.

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
take pictures of your exhaust system from under neath the car. i would like to see how the custom welds and bends are done.. than i can explain to you what type of problem you're having thats causing so much drone.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts