Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy,

Anyone know where I can get my key cut? I bought a replacement key and my local dealership won't cut it because I didn't buy It through them. I called up a few locksmiths and the cheapest quote I recieved was for 140 to just cut it. I'm located in northern VA in the falls church area.

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
I also got a TLS key cut years back but had to shovel out $140 to a locksmith because the dealerships I contacted (in MD - Ourisman and Herson's) would not touch it.

Sorry not a suggestion - but an idea of what we have to put up with in this area.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

I actually ended up finding a locksmith next to the sears in 7 corners that will cut it for $30

·
Registered
329 Posts
What I've been told by a dealer close to me is that they stopped cutting keys bought online because of a quality issue. Some keys were hard enough to ruin their cutters or soft enough to break off a few days later.

·
Registered
550 Posts
yea i took an oem key to mine (Florida) but the guy definitely took a look at it, had a feeling he would've rejected it if it was ebay. had my key blade cut for 10 bucks. thats what the price is at all the honda dealerships here in south Florida.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts