Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i really need to dynamat my car but i don't wanna pay $200 to just do the trunk. there is this can of rubberized spray stuff i have used before on my truck to reduce road noise. could i use the same stuff to spray my trunk with and use a couple of coats of it to dynamat my trunk? tell me what ya'll think

·
Registered
146 Posts
the sound difference is dramatic and worth every penny...dont waste your time on that crap just wait til you get the funds b/c its worth it believe me

·
Registered
599 Posts
Just buy the dynamat and do it yourself. Its so easy, and there is a bunch of DIYs on the Internet. The cost of a roll for a whole trunk is like 50 bucks, its worth doing and spending the time to do it

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
i tried the rubberized undercoating that you're talking about...save your money. it only reduces like 5% of the noise...not worth it @ all.

i went to bestbuy and picked up some dynamat...shoulda gotten it to begin with. what i would do if i were you is dynamat the rear deck first. you don't really care if the trunk is noisy...as long as it doesn't get into the cabin. start with dynamat on the rear deck...then you can use the leftover in the spare tire well.

it was a HUGE difference after i did the rear deck...definitely worth it. oh and laying the dynamat...cake. just get something smooth and hard and use that to press out all the bubbles. i think i used the side of a retractable utility knife.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya'll ever heard of this product called r-blox( i think)? its supposed to be like another brand of dynamat but i can get it cheaper.

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
a friend of mine works at a car audio shop and he says that hushmat is really good. i think it's cheaper than dynamat too.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I got the whole dynamat trunk kit on the trunk lid...helped abit I guess but wasnt really what I was looking for. I never heard of this hushmat, maybe I will give it a try.

·
Registered
531 Posts
the spray will do very little, probably nothing at all.

Dynamat is expensive yes, but look at other alternatives - companies like B-Quiet, Rammat and BrownBread. For the same $200 you will spend on our trunk you might be able to get enough of the other stuff to do your trunk, both doors and maybe the floor.....

Product all works the same, adding weight to your panels helping to deaden the sound.

·
v not some model, my girl
5,806 Posts
its not necessarily just "adding weight" that helps deaden the sound, its the actual material absorbing the sound.

dynamat costs so much because they have to compensate for all their advertising.

do not use a spray rubber for a sound deadener, its garbage. use sound deadener pads, any brand will do the only difference with the cheaper brands is the adhesive might not be as strong/sticky.......

·
get'cha roll on...
1,449 Posts
yea, dynamat is great, but mad expensive. there are a ton of products out there that are exactly the same thing, but cost half as much. i bought 12 sq ft of "knock off" dynamat (same thing, different brand - i forget the name), and did my trunk and it sounds perfect.

same quality, same adhesion, same looks, different name, half the price. i think i paid maybe $40 for 14 sq feet, which was more than enough for my trunk lid and the areas of the trunk i wanted deadened.

·
Banned
654 Posts
check my into thread i just made in 7th gen...THAT is how you dynamat. don't go cheap. REAL dynamat actually helps. anything else is junk, ESPECIALLY the spray kind you are talking about

1 - 20 of 22 Posts