Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2008 Honda Accord V6 EX-L
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking of make a couple more sets and seeing if there was seeing if there was any interest in the RL Caliper Brackets. So far there are two sets out there. I had two made and currently installed on My car and another my8thgen member's car.

Whats included:
2- 4140 Alloy Steel ATSM A29 Brackets
2- 9/16 Grade-8 Bolts (Bolts to connect Caliper to Bracket)
4- Grade 8 Washer (Bolts to connect Bracket to Knuckle)
2- M12 Grade-5 Bolts

Price: $120 Shipped

·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I was a little nervous about using 6061-T6 for the brackets. I mean Im sure they are fine. But After talking to some machinists, Design Engineers, and a Stress Analysis engineer. They all recommended I go with steel to be safer. lol. We have alot of engineers at my company lol.

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
cut some brackets so we can use pilot rear rotor and you will be banking :)

·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FB already has the brackets for the 7th gen rear. They are 160$ a set. The 8th generation they changed up the mounts so we are working on creating a new bracket new. :)

·
EliteCM.net
5,370 Posts
Yea I was a little nervous about using 6061-T6 for the brackets. I mean Im sure they are fine. But After talking to some machinists, Design Engineers, and a Stress Analysis engineer. They all recommended I go with steel to be safer. lol. We have alot of engineers at my company lol.
i had my from paul for about 2 years and no problems. they are pretty beefy. i wonder why Paul didnt use this

·
Registered
62 Posts
I de-threaded my brackets a couple times, I'm already on the 2nd pair from FastBrakes. I kept having to take my caliper off because of crazy squealing sounds. After 6months of try different rotors and pads, it would still squeal. I went from Advics Pads & DBA rotors to OEM pads & Blank CryoStop Rotors. Nothing helped. Until, I cut off the dust shield. NO MORE SQUEAL :D So happyyyyy lmaooo.
But yeah, I've had that de-threading problem even though, I use anti-seize.

I just sent two brackets back to FastBrakes (Hasty) to get re-threaded.
Cheaper then ordering a new one for $50 lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts