Accord V6 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
^Thanks man.

And also, the regular Accord's come with Firewall braces from the factory. So those two screws on each strut tower are always being used regardless.

What the 6spd bar does is replace both firewall braces with a bar that connects the two braces to one another.

I know all of us 7th geners know this, but I just wanted Tiger Tuning to know what's up.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
we NEED BETTER PICTURES of these braces. Can you make the original pics bigger??
Better pics of each piece will be posted when we receive the test kit!

here is a pic of the 6speed strut brace on my car if you wanted a better pic:
Thank you for the pic!

^Thanks man.

And also, the regular Accord's come with Firewall braces from the factory. So those two screws on each strut tower are always being used regardless.

What the 6spd bar does is replace both firewall braces with a bar that connects the two braces to one another.

I know all of us 7th geners know this, but I just wanted Tiger Tuning to know what's up.
I see, thanks for the clarification. I've seen the sedan accord firewall braces in person. We will have to see if installing this brace requires removal of the stock brace!

·
686 Posts
When u get the test kit in. I wanna see the rear lower tie bar installed. Also with it interfere with the TL-S Rear Sway Bar upgrade?

·
M!©[email protected] ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
2,600 Posts
Definitely interested as well! In for pics of the installation. BTW, does this apply to both the 7th gen sedans and coupes???? (I apologize for the noob question, just wondering if the chassis are the same....)

Also interested if this affects the TL/TL-S rear sway bar :)... patiently awaiting pics :up:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
can't wait. do they have to come in that color? :\ kinda feeling something more subtle IMHO
They only come in red! Sorry!

Definitely interested as well! In for pics of the installation. BTW, does this apply to both the 7th gen sedans and coupes???? (I apologize for the noob question, just wondering if the chassis are the same....)

Also interested if this affects the TL/TL-S rear sway bar :)... patiently awaiting pics :up:
From my research, it looks like the two are the same chassis! However, little things like exhaust and component placement in the engine compartment can affect the fitment of the parts! We will find out after test fitments!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
UPDATE 9/27/2010: Hey Everyone, the test kit is ready however they are still fulfilling the rest of our order! The national holiday is October 1st through 7th. KMR has confirmed that these will be sent on the 8th or possibly sooner! We're expecting these mid October! We'll keep you updated!

·
✔ Verified Member
5,836 Posts
Yep! All 6 pieces were ordered!
When all the pieces are shipped, will you please have a document stating how much all the bolts are to be properly torqued down so there won't be any confusion and no unnecessary thread making just for bolt torque questions.

kthanksbye.

·
Ken
239 Posts
I'm very tempted, but definitely intersted. Would like to see how the testing and fitment go as well.

61 - 80 of 172 Posts