Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the deal, as some of you know there is a turbo kit for the 3rd/4th gen TL that is being developed and close to release. As part fo this Hondata (At least has discussed) developing flash pro for the 07+ TL-S since it is now a Denso re-flashable ECU (Till now the V6 has been run by a PITA Motorola ECU) being used for these. Now I have done some inital research and it looks very possible to graft this ECU into our 7th gens (sorry this will not work for 2nd gen CL/TL or 6th gen AV6). We would be looking at a $250 conversion harness to adapt the ECU and of course the ECU (Car-Part shows a couple in the $300-$350 range) itself and then FlashPro ($700). So now the question is providing the word from Hondata is true would you be willing to pay $1300 to have a Hondata tuning solution? The more comitment for this we can get the better the chance of this really happening.

Props to Rodney at J and R for making contact with Hondata and getting this at least seriously thought about by Hondata......

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
this is what you guys all need. I know 1300 seems a bit much to shell out.. but K-Pro goes for much more expensive in the K-series realm and I've had many success stories with that.. The more people that show interest, the more Hondata will be interested in working with us. There are a handful of Hondata tuned J-series out there, but this option opens up the gateway to a whole new market of J-series tuning.. Time to junk all the piggy backs you guys.. ;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
i would pay that in a heart beat. this was the only thing from realy keeping me from boosting my car. if it works than ill give my left nut

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
im in ill gladly pay that but there are only a few 6 speed ecu's out there im sure so would the automatic ecu's be able to be used?

·
cunning linguist
984 Posts
To me personally, no. I'd rather see more development on the FI/C

The AEM FI/C option isn't perfect, but its fairly affordable.
$250 harness + ~$400 FI/C is a lot easier to swing.

The harness cost you can control, and the Hondata price, but as soon as this is released, those TL-S ECM's are going to start disappearing and driving prices up. It looks like Acura wants ~$430 (if I found the right part) so I'd almost use that as the comparison price.

$250 + $430 + $700= $1380

I can see the advantage for the really serious builds, like Alex's, but for something I can see myself doing, no.

Just my $0.02

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
To me personally, no. I'd rather see more development on the FI/C

The AEM FI/C option isn't perfect, but its fairly affordable.
$250 harness + ~$400 FI/C is a lot easier to swing.

The harness cost you can control, and the Hondata price, but as soon as this is released, those TL-S ECM's are going to start disappearing and driving prices up. It looks like Acura wants ~$430 (if I found the right part) so I'd almost use that as the comparison price.

$250 + $430 + $700= $1380

I can see the advantage for the really serious builds, like Alex's, but for something I can see myself doing, no.

Just my $0.02
I prefer a standalone becuz i have E85 stations all around me and 110 leaded race gas available at a nearby gas station so being able to fully tune for these fuels would be SIK!!

·
got LSD J36TT??
1,369 Posts
humm hey paul seems like another thing i have to save for on top of the j36 + turbo huh!! :) i hope this can be more effective than f/ic. i mean paul do u think this standalone will be able to adjust timing? no all we need is interest. im game!!!

·
frumaroll
2,048 Posts
i would def be interested but i would have to see some numbers first.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hey Paul since they are doing this for the 3rd Gen TLS ECU how close is that to the ecu in my 8th gen? I'd being willing to spend the dough since the car runs so rich.

·
got LSD J36TT??
1,369 Posts
^^ im not an expert but since the 6th gen av6 won't work, most likely the 8th gen won't either bud, since ur 8th gen accords are even more complex than the 7th gens.

·
Registered
931 Posts
^^ im not an expert but since the 6th gen av6 won't work, most likely the 8th gen won't either bud, since ur 8th gen accords are even more complex than the 7th gens.
I have the 6mt 8th gen and Paul noticed last time I was at his house that the ecu being ran on my car was the same basic ecu that the civic si runs. Its also the same basic ecu the 3rd gen TL Type S runs since its essentially the same engine only with a lower compression ratio. But I guess we'll find out.

Also the 6th gen used motorola ecus

·
got LSD J36TT??
1,369 Posts
^^ cool we will find out man. this flash will be amazing for j-series engine all around!!!:) i say LETS DO IT!!!

1 - 20 of 123 Posts