Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick question here. I bought my car with the rear spoiler installed from the dealer and the line for the 3rd brake light obviously leads to the spoiler rather than to the traditional 3rd brake light. I once tried seeing if the wiring to the traditional one was there and it wasn't. What I would like to know is how do I make the connection or the modification to go from the spoiler light back to the regular 3rd brake light?
I'm doing this since I kinda don't feel like buying a new spoiler to replace the broken one. Let me know any suggestions that exist for me. Thanks for the attention!

·
Boosted
1,529 Posts
if your car came stock with a spoiler with the brake light,Than you gotta buy the harness for the 3rd brake light to add into.The plug is there just no harness.

·
Vimal (vee-mall)
4,418 Posts
follow the harness from the spoiler back to the connector. the harness runs along the drivers side. once you find the connector, disconnect it and the piece that attaches to the spoiler harness will be able to plug back into the bottom of the 3rd brake light in the cabin.

·
Boosted
1,529 Posts
^yes stock thrid light,but is it functional? mine is not,nor has a wire harness going to it. but the plug from the trunk harness is there to plug in the harness.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks you guys, I'm gonna have to look for that plug and if not, just go ahead and buy it. Thanks for the help again guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts