Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats a good tv tuner antenna I can buy? I bought a used nav tv unit but the diversity antenna sucks, almost none of the channels show up.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have been looking for one for 3 months now...........if you fin one, PLEASE let me know!!!!

And, if I find one, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may just buy the one on avelectronic's website. I dont know if its the placement of the antennas but I get none of the channels except maybe 1 or 2, and even those go in and out and are blurry and has a ton of static. Why bother even selling kits with those antennas? I dont even live in a rural area, I live right in between 2 major cities (dc and baltimore).

·
Registered
128 Posts
lazybum said:
I may just buy the one on avelectronic's website. I dont know if its the placement of the antennas but I get none of the channels except maybe 1 or 2, and even those go in and out and are blurry and has a ton of static. Why bother even selling kits with those antennas? I dont even live in a rural area, I live right in between 2 major cities (dc and baltimore).
do it up!! let me know how it works.

I was actually thinking about doing the same thing, it seems to be the only good option.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bagbklyn said:
Someone on these forums recomended these guys, I just purchased an amplified antenna myself, someone said the avelectronics antenna isn' t that strong http://owdonald.com/
how is your tv reception? I'm going to play around with the place of the diversity antennas before i get amplified ones.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I just ordered the clear apollo diversity antenna. I'll let you guys know how that performs.

*edit*
I just talked to a rep at owdonald.com and he said the clear ones ahve no where near the reception quality as the metal rod antennas. So i just changed my order.

There are some people that have reported pretty good tv quality even while moving with a quality antenna. The one I just bought has 4 26db gain amplifiers for each of the 4 antennas.

·
Registered
115 Posts
From experience IMO, in most cases TV Tuners are a waste. The reception regardless of the antenna (i.e. amplified, passive, diversity, etc) is poor at best. Placement of the antenna will help some, so before completing you install you may want to temporarily mount the antenna and see how it works out. When your car is in motion dont expect too much as far as a clean pic, but while stationary it can be tolerable. Good Luck

The Best

·
Banned
402 Posts
jadedx2 said:
From experience IMO, in most cases TV Tuners are a waste. The reception regardless of the antenna (i.e. amplified, passive, diversity, etc) is poor at best. Placement of the antenna will help some, so before completing you install you may want to temporarily mount the antenna and see how it works out. When your car is in motion dont expect too much as far as a clean pic, but while stationary it can be tolerable. Good Luck

The Best

Exactly!! just get a DVD player and do it up that way. I have tried all these ways and it dont work...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts