Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I was browsing eBay and I found this:
Tein

Now I'm pretty new to the whole car mod scene so I don't know a ton about all the different parts but this is a full coilover system correct?

If so then I'm assuming it's a good deal because on other websites the SS is about 200 more.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Doctor_X said:
Ah I see.
Just go with the Tein Lowering springs. I think the S TECH model will lower your cars about 1.8 f/r, so it should be good.

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
spectro said:
Just go with the Tein Lowering springs. I think the S TECH model will lower your cars about 1.8 f/r, so it should be good.
I would just do springs but eventually springs will sag - so I've heard. My friend has a Mazda Protege5 using the Tein SS coilovers and he really really likes them. Theres maybe a one finger gap between his tires and the wheel well. His car handles quite well too which is an added plus. From what I hear springs are good for a while but then they start to sag and you begin to get a boat effect.

·
constantly in pursuit
4,250 Posts
its more pronounced if you're driving in snow and on really bad roads. here in socal, it will be at least a couple years before you get anything noticeable, im pretty sure. but the SS are definately nice. and they are height adjustable, so if you wanted to go higher or lower, you can feel free to change it up

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hammer03 said:
its more pronounced if you're driving in snow and on really bad roads. here in socal, it will be at least a couple years before you get anything noticeable, im pretty sure. but the SS are definately nice. and they are height adjustable, so if you wanted to go higher or lower, you can feel free to change it up
That was one of the points that I really liked about the Tein's; that you could adjust the height.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts