Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
A Registered User, I am
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to get some new rims soon and I need tires on them. Do any of you guys know where I can get a set of 225/40/18 for cheapppp? Im not picky about the brand but just as long as they are good quality. Thanks! :D

·
central Cali accords
2,747 Posts
Kumho ecstas are around $65-70 for one which I have.. Price range matters cause stickier tires are worth it. Lookin at anywhere to 70-170 a tire.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Umm... i have a place but ill need to find the card. i'll give you guys the number like tomorrow or something, the he gave me a good deal and he wont charge tax if you pay in cash :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm glad you noted that you were looking for "good" tires for cheap. Tires are something I think are worth spending for, due to issues of safety and performance. Tires can make a huge difference in how your car feels. I know many people who only care how well a tire wears, even though the tire is noisy, rough, lousy in the wet, snow, etc. But I do agree that you should get the most for your money. Sorry I don't have any suggestions for you due to my opinion/attitude. I don't look to spend maximum money, but I don't hesitate to spend a little extra for tires if I think they're worth it!

·
Registered
683 Posts
let me kno what tire and size you need i know someone that works at a goodyear and america's tire i will ask them

·
Registered
683 Posts
^ before i forget they can special order any brand except falken and yokohama

·
Registered
216 Posts
Tirerack.com has been good to me for all my cars over the years. Check em out and spend some extra money on a better tire. Your life could depend on it, really!

·
Registered
38 Posts
i've heard a lot of good things about bridgestone g-force sport and kdw, but they might be a little more than what you're willing to spend. i've got a ways to go before my stocks wear out to start thinking about new tires, but i'd spend a little and go with the kdw's. you can't put a pricetag on safety and performance :nono:

·
Registered
546 Posts
stupidaznmunkey said:
tirerack it.

i think kuhmos and fuzion are both pretty cheap (under a bill each tire)

Do you guys every buy that road hazard. I heard about fuzion. Firestone quoted me for 127.xx for one tire (includes for mounting and balance). What about Wanli??

·
Registered
95 Posts
they've had independent studies that have shown the Kumho's rate fairly well against it's competition. Personally, stay away from michellin, i've been through 3 sets of michellin's on my TL and honestly don't think they are worth the money. I'm currently riding on goodyears (same company as michellin, just a lot cheaper) and they are holding up fine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts