Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a great deal on these from my uncle. He said $115 per tire with balance and mounting w/ insurance on the tires. Well I was told these were great tires and they look like it. What are your opinions?

I'm looking for tires that have comfort but can handle good/great in wet and dry conditions.

·
Registered
463 Posts
are they new or used? t1r is a good tire in the dry..has good grip...not too sure in the wet...but 115 is a great price with mounting/balancing and insurance..as long as there's a decent amt of tread left

·
yeaaaaaa
294 Posts
AWESOME tires. i have them on my accord. ive only driven with them in the summer so far, so i dont know about wet. but in the dry they are awesome. what size are u getting? seems like a really good deal.

my friend has the t1r's on his car, and he said the traction in the wet is really really good. go for it man.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
don't say good price yet... it mite be a small size ..

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
215/50R 17...since my new rims are 17's. He had a buyer lined up but the buyer never came through. So since I'm his nephew, he'd give me that deal in exchange for me to hook him up with an Ipod. ahah so yea...

i guess go for it?

·
AV6.com Veteran
2,171 Posts
hmm.. considering i get JUST the tire for $115 a piece for 215/50/17 (without mounting and balancing + insurance), thats a pretty decent price. not saving too much, but every penny here and there counts :)

·
Registered
556 Posts

·
AV6.com Veteran
2,171 Posts
personally, id get Falken Azenis ST115's. Good Performance, LOW Road Noise. <--- matters a LOT to me.

Dont wanna go on a date with my girl, and ruin the sweet sweet conversations with road noise. :p

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
kayotik said:
personally, id get Falken Azenis ST115's. Good Performance, LOW Road Noise. <--- matters a LOT to me.

Dont wanna go on a date with my girl, and ruin the sweet sweet conversations with road noise. :p
tahts a greasy tire.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
kayotik said:
whaddya mean "greasy" :confused:
take grease rub it on a tire and drive on it. tell me how it feels. thats what a greasy tire means.

:p

then again the oem tires are greasy also. so really you do get improvement over stock, but not as good as you can get.

·
Registered
805 Posts
$300 a set? wth....is that site legit? if so i might as well snatch it up and resell it to my hb who wants some.

So the Tr1 is loud? I'm guessing the comfort sucks ass then huh?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
i always like bridgestone potenza... pretty good

·
yeaaaaaa
294 Posts
Jon2002 said:
According to Car and Driver magazine, the Toyo T1R is merely mediocere, and there are many better options out there.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=4&article_id=10252&page_number=6

I wouldn't buy it...also, if it's ANYTHING like it's predecessor (the T1S), it's loud as hell.
car and driver is bull man, go look on websites and see user reviews and compare to other tires.

http://www.1010tires.com/tirereviews/Toyo_Proxes_T1R_tire_reviews.html

1 - 19 of 19 Posts