Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously thinking of trading in/selling my Accord for a '06 Dodge Charger R/T.
Thoughts, comments??!!

·
"Certified Hybrid Killer"
5,056 Posts
4000 lb bloated pig, needs the V8 just to move its heavy butt, looks like a tank, has the aerodynamics of one too, crappy gas mileage and fuel prices will probably be at record highs this summer, interior is really bland, not a whole lot faster than an Accord V6 6spd sedan which is way more efficient, will probably nuke trannys faster than Hondas due with 390+ lb-ft of torque (first year 300C's are already showing lots of tranny issues, and that will only get worse as they age). Love the pushrod HEMI, which, all things considered is an exceptionally space efficient and fuel efficient motor given the power, but just hate the stupid 4000 lb brick shaped cars that they put them in.

If the 300C was a hit, the Charger is a dud, and apparently these things are just sitting on lots. I've hardly seen more than a few of them on the streets. So you can probably get pretty darn good deals on them. I'd pass though. When gas prices hit $4/gal this summer you'll be cursing the 4000 lbs curb weight during city driving, and you'll be cursing the brick shaped aero and massive frontal area on the highway.

can you tell I don't like the car? :laugh:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SteVTEC said:
4000 lb bloated pig, needs the V8 just to move its heavy butt, looks like a tank, has the aerodynamics of one too, crappy gas mileage and fuel prices will probably be at record highs this summer, interior is really bland, not a whole lot faster than an Accord V6 6spd sedan which is way more efficient, will probably nuke trannys faster than Hondas due with 390+ lb-ft of torque (first year 300C's are already showing lots of tranny issues, and that will only get worse as they age). Love the pushrod HEMI, which, all things considered is an exceptionally space efficient and fuel efficient motor given the power, but just hate the stupid 4000 lb brick shaped cars that they put them in.

If the 300C was a hit, the Charger is a dud, and apparently these things are just sitting on lots. I've hardly seen more than a few of them on the streets. So you can probably get pretty darn good deals on them. I'd pass though. When gas prices hit $4/gal this summer you'll be cursing the 4000 lbs curb weight during city driving, and you'll be cursing the brick shaped aero and massive frontal area on the highway.

Oh OK :rolleye2: :eek: :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SteVTEC said:

BTW, at least I won't be another appliance (sorry Accord) that's parked on my block. Seems like every third car I see on the road is an Accord. :eek:

·
Registered
194 Posts
CarLover said:
BTW, at least I won't be another appliance (sorry Accord) that's parked on my block. Seems like every third car I see on the road is an Accord. :eek:
gasp..... that is the cruelest thing I ever heard. yea i see alot of em, but with a lil work, they can really stand out. I think mine is pretty unique.

·
Registered
45 Posts
CarLover said:
I'm seriously thinking of trading in/selling my Accord for a '06 Dodge Charger R/T.
Thoughts, comments??!!
IMO If you wanted to go this route, I would get the challenger. If you can drive MT. IF gas is no object (Some of us get it free) :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Finney said:
IMO If you wanted to go this route, I would get the challenger. If you can drive MT. IF gas is no object (Some of us get it free) :)
:confused: Not even George Bush or **** Cheney get free gas, don't quite understand what you meant.

Anyways, back on topic, SRT8 series of Chryslers are pretty cool I think i.e. Jeep SRT8, 300C SRT8, Charger is alright, depends on my mood.

btw, what is with ****** auto trannies breaking so easily after 1993?????? I mean my dad's 1994 Chrysler van, 1999 Odyssey v6, 2 trannies on my 2001 Accord v6, etc etc.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Fuggedaboutid said:
:confused: **** Cheney
QUOTE]

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: his name is censored..

i love the charger. that thing is the sickness. especially the daytona edition. that thing was next to me for abou 45 minutes on a drive up to NYC. wow..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Fuggedaboutid said:
:confused: Not even George Bush or **** Cheney get free gas, don't quite understand what you meant.

Anyways, back on topic, SRT8 series of Chryslers are pretty cool I think i.e. Jeep SRT8, 300C SRT8, Charger is alright, depends on my mood.

btw, what is with ****** auto trannies breaking so easily after 1993?????? I mean my dad's 1994 Chrysler van, 1999 Odyssey v6, 2 trannies on my 2001 Accord v6, etc etc.
Company car, Company gas.

I just like the looks of the challenger, for a weekend car, not a daily driver. MT would be killer with all that torque.

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
If you're gonna go Charger you gotta go for it all and get the SRT-8. If the SRT-8 is too much $$$ then I'd keep the Accord.

·
Eccenpix
1,862 Posts
Finney said:
Company car, Company gas.

I just like the looks of the challenger, for a weekend car, not a daily driver. MT would be killer with all that torque.
and company credit card :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
flyvtec said:
If you're gonna go Charger you gotta go for it all and get the SRT-8. If the SRT-8 is too much $$$ then I'd keep the Accord.
Naaahhhh!!!!! You don't feel that 340HP/390TQ is enough vs. 244HP/211TQ??!!!!

·
Registered
807 Posts
AV6 Tengoku said:
go for the SRT8!!!!

:up2:
oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh, thats a one bad ass lookin car. I like all the SRT cars/SUV. would an asian guy like me look good on that car??? lol

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Igotvtec04 said:
oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh, thats a one bad ass lookin car. I like all the SRT cars/SUV. would an asian guy like me look good on that car??? lol
honestly dave i dont think you can afford to change rims on that guy as often as you like. :p

1 - 20 of 46 Posts