·
Registered
243 Posts
Cool stuff.

Who makes the fog lights?

·
Registered
748 Posts
cool stuff were did you get the fog lights from?

hey not trying to hyjack but is it in anyway possible to install the ingalls kit "backwards" i went to get an alinment and the guy told me that my camber kit is installed backwards.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Deepa said:
cool stuff were did you get the fog lights from?

hey not trying to hyjack but is it in anyway possible to install the ingalls kit "backwards" i went to get an alinment and the guy told me that my camber kit is installed backwards.
I got the fog lights on E-Bay
I was looking at the instructions for the Ingalls kit, they specify where the long bar and the short bar should go, so I would guess it is possible to install it backwards if you swap the location of the bars.
Hongda said:
Did they forget your front lip? J/K, you should get that next.
I like to do a Mugen replica kit, if I can't find one I like (I won't consider fiberglass), I will settle for the OEM lip. Next I'm doing some interior mods, OEM aluminum dash kit, TL switches and chrome doorsills. And the 6sp strut bar.
Muteki said:
Cool stuff.

Who makes the fog lights?
I didn't see who makes the lights, I got them on e-bay. If you want to know the brand I can look for it on the lights when I get home tonight

Art M.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey! Nice Art! Are you going to install the eibachs yourself? Also, let us know how the ride feels... I'm looking into getting those too!

Oh, and i think the foglights would look nice on your car too.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
what led you to choose the pro-kit over the h&r sport or hpf or h-tech? im considering all four of these, and im jw why you chose the toys that u did ;D congrats on the new delivery! haha

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SpicyTofu said:
Hey! Nice Art! Are you going to install the eibachs yourself? Also, let us know how the ride feels... I'm looking into getting those too!

Oh, and i think the foglights would look nice on your car too.
I'm only taking the struts to the shop to get the old springs taken off and the new ones put on, I don't feel like fighting with a handheld spring compressor. Other than that I will be doing the rest myself. Also it looks like I will have to modify the mesh grill to fit with the fog lights.

Art M.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sumptimwong said:
what led you to choose the pro-kit over the h&r sport or hpf or h-tech? im considering all four of these, and im jw why you chose the toys that u did ;D congrats on the new delivery! haha
My first criterion for the springs was the amount of drop. There are some nasty speed bumps on my daily commute, the clearance between the car and some of the speed bumps is barely four inches, no passengers, no driver, trunk empty (I got some pictures of this I can post later). You can imagine the result of having a 2+ inch drop, four people in the car and some luggage. My next mod would have to be a full undercarriage aluminum skid plate.
Second criteria was an even drop at both ends, I like the uneven gap between the front and the rear, kind of like a European sedan, this ruled out the h-tech.
I did not consider the hpf because it includes the struts, I plan on getting konis soon so I couldn't see spending more for shocks I don't intend to use. Choosing between H&R and Eibach was merely a brand preference.
Choosing the Ingalls over the SPC was easy; Ingalls offers toe adjustment with their kit, SPC does not.

Art M.

·
Rolling on 19's
879 Posts
Art M. said:
There are some nasty speed bumps on my daily commute, the clearance between the car and some of the speed bumps is barely four inches, no passengers, no driver, trunk empty (I got some pictures of this I can post later).
Art M.
I hear you, those things are huge. Sometimes you dont even see them until they are right in front of you. Good luck with everything.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
thanks art, great post. this confused me a little bit though:
Art M. said:
Second criteria was an even drop at both ends, I like the uneven gap between the front and the rear, kind of like a European sedan, this ruled out the h-tech.
you mean to say that you dont like the lowered front look of the h-tech? i remember reading that its a 1.4/0.7 drop, is that correct? imo, this is whats necessary to avoid the "boat look." our cars naturally have that, but you dont notice it until you close up the fender gaps a bit.

be sure to post pics on this thread when u install! happy for u ;D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sumptimwong said:
thanks art, great post. this confused me a little bit though:

you mean to say that you dont like the lowered front look of the h-tech? i remember reading that its a 1.4/0.7 drop, is that correct? imo, this is whats necessary to avoid the "boat look." our cars naturally have that, but you dont notice it until you close up the fender gaps a bit.

be sure to post pics on this thread when u install! happy for u ;D
Yes, that is what I meant, I don't like the front lowered look of the h-tech.
The 1.4/0.7 drop for the h-tech is correct. If you consider this type of drop necessary to avoid the "boat look", as you kindly put it, I think you can narrow down on your choices.
I will probably install the springs next weekend; I’ll keep you guys posted.

Art M.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
fiberglass kits arnt so bad...its all about how you drive...go with the VIS kit they have for 4doors...looks pretty clean. i think VIS is polyfiber too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts