Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my magnaflows installed today..all i have to say is NICE..the sound is great..no rice at all. Sounds like a G35 or 350z stock sound..very deep..id recommend this product..ill try to get some pics up as soon as i can..cyah.

·
Smooth as Silk
345 Posts
Trey said:
Got my magnaflows installed today..all i have to say is NICE..the sound is great..no rice at all. Sounds like a G35 or 350z stock sound..very deep..id recommend this product..ill try to get some pics up as soon as i can..cyah.

Did someone say G35 sound...? :naughty: Let's see and hear them!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sound clip please. I'm trying to decide between Magnaflow or Borla mufflers, plus some custom work for my 2006 V6 Sedan 6MT. Any recommendation? Don't want anything too loud.

Thanks,

RAR

·
Registered
266 Posts
any loud humming at crusing?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RAR said:
Sound clip please. I'm trying to decide between Magnaflow or Borla mufflers, plus some custom work for my 2006 V6 Sedan 6MT. Any recommendation? Don't want anything too loud.

Thanks,

RAR
I cant get a soundclip...my video camera flooded from "Hurricane Katrina". I live on the coast. Anyways...honestly i love the magnaflows...they sound great...at cruising too. There not ricey or anything. Id recommend it..serioulsy.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Trey said:
I cant get a soundclip...my video camera flooded from "Hurricane Katrina". I live on the coast. Anyways...honestly i love the magnaflows...they sound great...at cruising too. There not ricey or anything. Id recommend it..serioulsy.

Thanks Trey.

Person doing the custom work quoted me $180 per muffler (stainless Magnaflow muffler with tip), plus $140 for labor = $500.00.

I can buy the stainless Borla (Blow Torch 40060) mufflers for $442 with shipping included, plus $140 for labor = $582.00.

To be honest, I rather buy a Comptech Stainless Cat-back Exhaust System, but it's not available. Not sure if I should wait or decide between Magnaflow or Borla mufflers only.

RAR

·
Registered
37 Posts
heres a pic of MiNe

I have had them almost 18-20 months...they are the most aggressive sounding and not dirtbike sounding exhaust for an AV6. I had a guy follow me just to have me open em up to hear it....they sound way better than a 350.G35.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RAR said:
Thanks Trey.

Person doing the custom work quoted me $180 per muffler (stainless Magnaflow muffler with tip), plus $140 for labor = $500.00.

I can buy the stainless Borla (Blow Torch 40060) mufflers for $442 with shipping included, plus $140 for labor = $582.00.

To be honest, I rather buy a Comptech Stainless Cat-back Exhaust System, but it's not available. Not sure if I should wait or decide between Magnaflow or Borla mufflers only.

RAR
welcome.

Yah the magnaflows are great. Borlas are great too...and the comptech is nice as well..but there pretty pricey...im sure you'll be satified with whatever you get..

·
346hp/300tq @ 4psi
3,014 Posts
RAR said:
Thanks Trey.

RAR
no comptech for the 06? cant fit a 03-05?

·
Registered
23 Posts
RAR said:

Thanks,

RAR
Magnaflow over Borla's any day of the week IMO (although I might be biased!)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
andrewlongcor said:
is the sound quiet at cruising? and how much did you pay for the whole catback?
its not annoying at cruising..but you can hear it a little...525 shipped

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
I agree they sound great (on my 6th gen) a little loud at crusing but you get used to it, if your not already used to it :p

The straight through mufflers actually work, by that I mean I took them off for kicks and the car was very loud, haha, in fact it was loud enough at idle to set the alarm of a GMC Jimmy SUV.

Overall pretty great stuff, does kind of sound like a 350Z more like a G35 though. Although with no mufflers at all right before VTEC kicked in it sounded like a straight 6 racing engine.

·
Large Member
505 Posts
andrewlongcor said:
is the sound quiet at cruising? and how much did you pay for the whole catback?
Buy a decent sound system, turn up the volume...no more loud exhaust at cruising. ;) Worked for me with my GReddy SP exhaust.

·
Registered
23 Posts
andrewlongcor said:
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=769

im interested in these, does anybody know how the sound is? and do these add hp or its mainly for the tone?
I have the 14827's installed on mine with the custom dual/j-pipes. I love the sound on them, although they can be a little loud at times. Nothing you don't get used to. I noticed a power difference (no dyno numbers to go by), but I had the whole exhaust set up done and the AEMV2 installed at the same time. Very happy with my choice, I like the look of them too.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
andrewlongcor said:
i looked in ur gallery and i was wondering if u had the magnaflow resonator. could you tell me what that does?
It works in conjuntion with the Magnaflow muflers to get rid of any annoying sounds and lower interior resonance.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts