146 Posts
i think silver mesh would look better on that color

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yeah, I'm not too fond of all the bright-work on this car. I don't want to go for the murdered-out look but maybe a black chrome or platinum-like color would be an improvement.
If you figure out how to get the damn thing off let me know,
I might just rattle-can mine a dark metallic grey color like the 7th gen grille.

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats sweet.
if i do it, i will take it to a body shop, have it removed, sanded, then painted.

·
Registered
300 Posts
egh maybe the painted grill with the car color would look good but i wouldnt wanna make it TOO sport i like the whole luxury/sport theme..

·
Registered
151 Posts
touch up paint wont do it, that'd be a mess to deal with. dupont will give you your paint color in a spray paint can if you give them your vin number. that's a much easier way of ensuring the coating comes out nice and even. a friend of mine is painting a parnelli jones saleen's headers and blower tubing and throttle body this way, and it's looking real good in that grabber yellow.

·
Registered
151 Posts
i took a look at my car after seeing this post. i like the chrome border. i do however like the idea of taking off the emblems.

btw, anyone know if the trunk emblems can be removed safely? i wanna "delete" them.

·
Registered
300 Posts
the accord and v6 is easy to take off its held on with glue.. ive heard with fishing wire you pass it thru the back ive done it to a friends car with a super thing flat head and i covered the tip with like a terry towel and the glue thats left over you can spray WD-40 on it wait a little and rub it off it wont mess up the paint just dont let it cook on there but for the H i have noo clue i wanna take that off n see how it looks without it and then put a acura emblem there n see how that look too..

·
Registered
300 Posts
touch up paint wont do it, that'd be a mess to deal with. dupont will give you your paint color in a spray paint can if you give them your vin number. that's a much easier way of ensuring the coating comes out nice and even. a friend of mine is painting a parnelli jones saleen's headers and blower tubing and throttle body this way, and it's looking real good in that grabber yellow.

you can just take the part off and take it to a paint shop and they'll airbrush the color you want so that it comes out good..

E

·
0 Posts
I'd like it with chrome surround body-colored, and definitely no 'H'; I'd leave the black 'mesh' the same. Unfortunately, the stupid 'H' seems to have a 'base' behind it, so forget to modify the stock grille. We need a new one.

I'd also shave the 'V6' and 'Accord' logos immediately, but I'm almost positive the 'H' on the back has holes (can anybody confirm that?), so it'd have to stay. Later.
JC

·
Registered
300 Posts
ok so i just checked my trunk out and i was able to take the H off but it left two little holes so i just popped it back on (it pops on and off) until i get the acura emblem anyone know if there all the same i found a site that sells them but it has for the RL the TL the TSX i dont know if they are all the same of what?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts