Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just got my black lower grill from Grillcraft today...free and fast delivery from USspeed. Just wondering tho...isnt there supposed to be a Grillcraft emblem on the actual grill itself? Hope some grillcraft owners can send some advice, thanks

·
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon
2,204 Posts
yeah there is a removeable emblem on the lower right corner of the center grille, none for the sides if you got those. If it didn't come with one then you wouldn't want one. Do you? I took mine off, looks cleaner.

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
Assassin said:
Hey, just got my black lower grill from Grillcraft today...free and fast delivery from USspeed. Just wondering tho...isnt there supposed to be a Grillcraft emblem on the actual grill itself? Hope some grillcraft owners can send some advice, thanks
Mine did ...

·
Registered
505 Posts
For those that have the grillcraft, how well made and thick is the mesh-material. I bought some metal gutter guard from Home Depot sprayed it black and I am thinking of cutting it and doing a diy install instead of dropping over $100. I am just not sure if the grillcraft is a thicker or thinner material and which one will be a better choice.

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
It's a high quality, thick grill. The Grillcraft is a better choice because it fits perfectly as well as it being hi-quality. But if you're good with DIY ... nothing wrong with going that route. I believe there are a few who have gone the DIY route and it turned out pretty good.

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
you just have to be patient...the 06 has only been out for a minute and that is the downside of wanting to mod a new car....having to wait for parts...we all had to do it with our 03-05 and they finally have parts...i'm sure they will have something sooner or later

·
get'cha roll on...
1,449 Posts
-i popped my grillcraft logo off immediately too- much better looking.

-yes there is drilling required and thought you dont HAVE to take out the stock grills, it looks better if you do. which i did.

-i have a friend that tried to do the home depot mesh dealie on his 7gen and after about 2 hours of messing with it he gave up and bought the same grillcraft kit i have. yes, its expensive, but its worth the cash IMO. its very high quality.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
v6SicksSpeed said:
-i popped my grillcraft logo off immediately too- much better looking.

-yes there is drilling required and thought you dont HAVE to take out the stock grills, it looks better if you do. which i did.

-i have a friend that tried to do the home depot mesh dealie on his 7gen and after about 2 hours of messing with it he gave up and bought the same grillcraft kit i have. yes, its expensive, but its worth the cash IMO. its very high quality.

thats looks clean! how did you remove the stock grill? does it require cutting?

·
get'cha roll on...
1,449 Posts
Assassin said:
thats looks clean! how did you remove the stock grill? does it require cutting?
thanks~
i cut the plastic stock "grill" as close as i could with a heavy duty clipper just to get them out of there. then i used a razorblade to shave down the edges of the plastic so its just the outside lining of that original piece. it destroys your old one, but looks a lot better. if you keep it on and put on the grillcraft over it you can still see it behind the mesh grill so it looks cluttered.

the directions they give you are spot on, but they have you put the grill over the stock one. in pic #22 of the directions is even tells you you can remove the old one and can tell it'd look a little better.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
v6SicksSpeed said:
thanks~
i cut the plastic stock "grill" as close as i could with a heavy duty clipper just to get them out of there. then i used a razorblade to shave down the edges of the plastic so its just the outside lining of that original piece. it destroys your old one, but looks a lot better. if you keep it on and put on the grillcraft over it you can still see it behind the mesh grill so it looks cluttered.

the directions they give you are spot on, but they have you put the grill over the stock one. in pic #22 of the directions is even tells you you can remove the old one and can tell it'd look a little better.
thanks for the tip. i cut out my "stock grill" with hedge clippers but i was too lazy to file down the rough ends. still...it looks a lot better than with the stock grill.

·
get'cha roll on...
1,449 Posts
Assassin said:
. i cut out my "stock grill" with hedge clippers QUOTE]

haha- i def did the same thing. that plastic is pretty tough and they were perfect for the job. i just couldnt get close enough to the outside so i used the blade.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts