Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So right now I have the stock headunit, with a usa-spec ipod adapter with aux input.
I run my laptop through the aux input when needed.
NO noise when the laptop is NOT plugged in.
NOISE when the laptop is plugged in to the 12V adapter [at low revs even, increases with rpm] (in the arm rest) - have not though about doing it with the one near the cubby hole, might be different.

Anyways. I would like to install an inverter (with a USB charging port on it).
Somewhere around 150W. I will put it on it's own fuse (by the driver door).
Where should i ground this so that I do not get the same noise problem? - ground to the stereo ground (or ground them both to a new point together)?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Also putting in an amp or two in the trunk. will that cause any noise problems off the stock headunit? - will run power and interconnects on opposite sides of car)

Thanks

·
Vimal (vee-mall)
4,418 Posts
didnt that USA spec converter come with a ground cable? if so you need to make sure you put that to a good ground location. i used to have that same problem and i changed my grounding location and the noise is almost completley gone now. just try a few locations, if you need to, extend that wire so you can find a solid ground somewhere else away from the converter

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
didnt come with a ground cable, but i can easily add one (just take it apart, add in a bold and ground it to the case)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts