Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GroupBuy: Cusco Bars for 6gen Accord/CL/TL !! ENDED, PAYMENT BY MAY25th Latest!

07-10-03 --- Tracking # www.canadapost.ca

[USA]
Aaron Tsai CX 032 877 868 CA
Brian Fennessy CX 032 877 823 CA
Barbak Naderi CX 032 877 845 CA
Chris Nguyen CX 032 877 797 CA
Devin Clancy CX 029 108 468 CA
Dennis Therpa CX 032 877 695 CA
David Jun CX 032 877 752 CA
Eli Owens CX 029 104 470 CA
Frank Kim CX 032 877 770 CA
JanJan Chen CX 029 105 339 CA
James Niemeyer CX 032 877 718 CA
Jimmy Quach CX 032 877 704 CA
Kenny Lee CX 032 877 854 CA
Logan K Kenzie CX 032 877 783 CA
Ming Tshing CX 032 877 810 CA
Mike Ramos CX 029 104 510 CA
Sam Lim CX 029 104 510 CA
Steven Chen CX 032 877 871 CA
Wesley Hinds CX 032 877 766 CA

[CANADA]

Derrick Soong 46 215 418 774
Tsung Jung 46 215 418 788

07-08-03 -- All bars has been packed and shipped, my shipping guy will type out all the tracking # and I 'll email them to you sometimes this week. Product should be arriving within a week or less.

07-07-03 -- Container arrived today finally! sorry for the delays , we 'll be packing them and shipping them today and tommorrow . The one who placed deposit, just to let u know we have charged the other 50% .
We decided to ship all with Postal service Plus Insurance and tracking, because there are problem shipping with UPS, there may be Taxes and Brokerage involved. If you still insist to ship by UPS, let me know asap . Thanks

Please contact me by tonight [email protected]

Groupbuy Signup List :

1)Morpheus6d9 -- Type OS and Lower Tie [PAID]
2)Accord Euro-R -- Lower Tie [PAID]
3)azn010 -- Lower Tie [PAID]
4)TanG -- Lower Tie [PAID]
5)AccorDance -- Type ST and Lower Tie [PAID]
6)EVO_Schen -- 2 x Lower Tie and 2 x Type OS [PAID]
7)frank828 -- Lower Tie [PAID]
8)hybrdaccv6 -- Lower Tie [ON HOLD]
9)Deuce415 -- Lower Tie [PAID]
10)Vog -- Lower Tie [PAID]
11)snoopdogg86 -- Lower Tie [PAID]
12)derrick -- Type OS [PAID]
13)Swerve -- Type ST and Lower Tie [PAID]
14)CrestGel -- Lower Tie [PAID]
15)brknlude -- Type ST and Type OS and Lower Tie and Genuine Honda red-stitched boot [PAID]
16)SumAznFoo -- Lower Tie [PAID]
17)Wild-CL -- Type OS and Lower Tie [PAID]
18)IntrinsicAccord -- Type ST and Lower Tie [PAID]
19)bobbyblu -- Type ST and Lower Tie [PAID]
20)Drag-On -- Lower Tie [PAID]
21)MtBikR -- Lower Tie [PAID]
22)CORDV6 -- Lower Tie [PAID]
23)Sam Lin -- Type ST and Lower Tie [PAID]
24)Monster -- Type OS and Lower Tie [PAID]
25)Kenny -- Type OS and Lower Tie [PAID]
26)power3dfx -- Type OS and Lower Tie - CANCELED
27)ohsik83 -- Type OS and Lower Tie [PAID]
28)hkspower -- 2 x Lower Tie - CANCELED
29)Canceled
30)caveman06 -- Lower Tie [PAID]
31)mr.BeBoT -- Type OS and Lower Tie [PAID]
32)popper -- Lower Tie [PAID]
33)Five0netvv0 -- Type ST [CANCELED]
34)AKRY -- Lower Tie [PAID]
35)souljaD9 -- Type OS [PAID]
36)aCcOrDv6VTEC3R -- Type OS and Lower Tie [PAID]
37)i3lue33 -- Type OS and Lower Tie [PAID]

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Here is the additional installed pictures from Accord/TL members.

Lower Front Tie Bar

Type OS Strut Bar on TL

Strut Bar ends

Lower Front Tie Bar on TL

Front Typs OS Strut Bar on Accord Sedan

Type ST installed on Delsol #1

Type ST installed on Delsol #2

--------------------------------
FAQ
--------------------------------
few questions:

1) Any other colors? Particularly RED?
2) What would be the difference between the Rally and Regular strut bars? Would that tightening center flex a lot?
3) How would this compare to the Neuspeed?
4) How would this compare to the Comptech bars?
5) Would the lower front bar do anything? (Compared to lower rear tie bar?)
6) How long is this going to last? And when you shipping?

Good Questions ... =)

1) Cusco offers only 1 color, blue is their color symbol for their bars and suspension.

2) Customer has told me that Rally Type ST is stiffer because all steel structure... the center joint is very very stiff.

3) I would say Type ST would perform same as Neuspeed, or stronger cus Neuspeed is hollow.... but neuspeed does look simple and boring(i had it before, no one like it at show).

4) Comptech is Titanium Structured, Price is Sky rocket high.
I will order one just to compare later . Comptech does not mount the outter bolt ... where the Cusco/neuspeed/eibach does.

5)You will definitely felt the difference , It actually perform better than Rear Lower Tie(compare to OBX's) ... I believe Acura-tl/acura-cl forum have discuss this earlier . The bar does improve tighter cornering and response/stiffness .

6)Unfortunately I have to end the groupbuy next friday, because I will ship these bars along with my container , which will arrived around mid/late June and shipped immediately. Local can pick it up without shipping cost . I may not offer another Groupbuy for this bar after this .

More QUESTIONS RDX:

1) Any pics of the ST on a car?
2) The OS is just for show then? If it isn't as strong as Neuspeed- what's the point?
3) Why is the OS more expensive? Is it just b/c it looks more "showy"?
4) They don't make a rear lower tie bar? Damn. I want one of those to complete the suspension.

1) I am waiting for the bar to arrived, I do not have the ST on the Accord yet, but I do have Customer using ST on the Delsol ... basically same bar different mount.

2)Let me tell you, you can't feel the difference, I have Neuspeed, and now used Cusco OS . They both work great . Just that Neuspeed look damn Ugly . This is just STB bar, not a sway bar .
Quality Wise is Top Notch direct Import from Japan . I have had fitment issue with some Neuspeed bar ...

3) I believe OS is same as older Eibach 's , More expensive? I am not sure thats how Cusco price range are, More material used and Manufactoring cost I believe. Cost more to make 3 pieces with bolt between, then one piece structure like Neuspeed. Instead of making one structure mold, they have to make 3 different mold .

4) I have asked them why they don't make Lower Tie bar, they said because the way our car design, lower Tie bar will only stiff up chassis . Work the same way as Adding Weld to your lower chassis . If you really want to buy one, get Skunk2 or obx.

Hope you can make your decision, Shout out more questions if you have to. =)

·
Registered
594 Posts
few questions:

1) Any other colors? Particularly RED?
2) What would be the difference between the Rally and Regular strut bars? Would that tightening center flex a lot?
3) How would this compare to the Neuspeed?
4) How would this compare to the Comptech bars?
5) Would the lower front bar do anything? (Compared to lower rear tie bar?)
6) How long is this going to last? And when you shipping?

·
Registered
125 Posts
1)Morpheus6d9 -Type OS and Lower Tie
2)Accord Euro-R -- Lower Tie [PAID]
3)azn010 -- Lower Tie
4)AccorDance -- ST front strut bar and lower tie bar

·
Registered
594 Posts
More QUESTIONS RDX:

1) Any pics of the ST on a car?
2) The OS is just for show then? If it isn't as strong as Neuspeed- what's the point?
3) Why is the OS more expensive? Is it just b/c it looks more "showy"?
4) They don't make a rear lower tie bar? Damn. I want one of those to complete the suspension.

I DEFINENTLY want a front lower tie bar. But I want to see which bar is better- TOBY- ANY ADVICE?

OS/ST/Comptech/Eibach/Neuseepd?

·
Registered
204 Posts
i definately want the lower tie bar, but can't decide on the OS or the ST bar. anything else i should know to help me decide?
thanks

·
Registered
594 Posts
2) Customer has told me that Rally Type ST is stiffer because all steel structure... the center joint is very very stiff.

3) I would say Type ST would perform same as Neuspeed, or stronger cus Neuspeed is hollow.... but neuspeed does look simple and boring(i had it before, no one like it at show).

In response to my question: Which is stiffer- ST or OS? from before!!
:confused:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Just to let you know, if i were you, buy it for the look instead....

I am sure all the bar works the same thing ... Stiff up the Chassis and the Strut.

If you really want a very efficient system, You should also buy an Alluminum Upper Strut mount, because the Stock mount is make of semi-Rubber and weak struts, so it is really Sluggish but it also provides comfort and sound deadening .

I have alluminum Upper Strut Mounts, I can hear the banging noise of all 4 corners . but you definitely feel the tightness.

And Only if you are using Race Spec Coilover with very fast rebound rate and stiffness "might" tell the difference(eventho not likely)

Many People liked the Type OS design because of the Thickness the bar look ... it does look more sexy don't u think?.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Put me down for a Front Lower Tie Bar.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
we don't have Cusco ST installed on Accord yet, so I won't have exact installed picture until someone orders it .

but I can get Picture of Type ST bar installed on Other cars, like Delsol, Rx7 , WRX .

1 - 20 of 174 Posts