Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) :D :p

I just got it yesterday for my 01 sedan. I will be installing it today and will post a review after I've had a chance to drive around for a while.

My hats off to Garrett for providing fantastic customer service. My package arrived in perfect condition and the product looks top notch. I even got a nice metal LED keychain light-very cool touch!

My thanks to V6p.net for all the work they do make great products available for our cars!

Stay tuned.

-Jim

·
V6P Negotiator & Promoter
1,460 Posts
Congrats!

FYI. . . Our close partners D2Motorsports are at the Unichip Facility this weekend getting trained and certified to be an official Unichip R&D tester and tuning shop. . . Besides working on the 7th Gen AV6 and I4s, we'll be also expanding the programming of the 6th Gen AV6s. This extra programming will be primarily for our 300+hp AV6 members who have modified engines, transmissions, and using force induction systems. We'll be focusing on raising the rev limiter and changing transmission shift points on v6 engines and transmissions we know will hold up to the additional horsepower.

So stay tuned,

:naughty: :burnout: :drive: :up2: :cool2:

·
Retired the Accord
872 Posts
good stuff. I love mine, still need to get it tuned though. i'm a slacker. but when you live in boise idaho and the closest shop that can tune it is in Salt Lake City or Oregon... it can do that to you. I really need to get it tuned though. congrats again!

dave

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you get it pre-programmed? How much tuning do you think you'll need? I got mine pre-programmed for I/H/E so I'm hoping that'll work fine.

-Jim

·
Retired the Accord
872 Posts
Jsandiego said:
Did you get it pre-programmed? How much tuning do you think you'll need? I got mine pre-programmed for I/H/E so I'm hoping that'll work fine.

-Jim
Yes that's how I got mine pre-programmed as well. It works fine, but like anything else, if you get it dyno'd and tuned you can eek out just that much more performance, hopefully! :D Once I get a s/c + nitrous I may have to upgrade my UNICHIP, or they may just add some wiring to it, not sure. But then I'll definitely have to get it tuned. Good luck with yours and let us know how ya like it.

Dave

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I get it. Well, I'm happy for now. I just put 30 miles on and this thing ROCKS!
I need to get the switches mounted so I don't have them hanging out. This is really one of the best investments I've made in my car. It makes me want to keep it now, and we might have a transmission improvement available soon so the future looks good!

-Jim

·
Retired the Accord
872 Posts
hah 30 miles and your back! haha. That's awesome man. i noticed it too right away, well as soon as i buried my foot in it! I would like to run against a stock 6th gen just for the hell of it and see how much more umph we got with i/h/e and chip. dunno, not often I see another punk rolling a v6 6th gen in my area. ;)

dave

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's awesome allright. I wasn't going to fork over the $$$ for premium (almost $3/gal here in SoCal) but now I'm curious to see what map B is like.

Anyone have any experience with that?

-Jim

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I did try map B, with premium (after emptying tank) & ECU reset, and got a check engine light after a hard run. Guess that's too aggressive for my particular car. I'm not dissappointed though, there's more than enough extra power on map A to make me happy. :D

I put at least 200 miles on it this weekend. This thing is really amazing, I didn't think there was actually something we could do for our lack of decent power besides nitrous or a supercharger but Unichip has fixed that.

I'm wondering about CLS cams now.

jk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts