Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just wanted to know what brackets or rails you guys are using with your seats. I know theres a lot of cheapo ones on ebay but do they bolt to all the holes? I looked at mine and the rear bolt nearest the center console doesnt bolt to the floor but along the center console. Do the new brackets or rails use the same bolt hole too or is a new one required for that one?

I picked up a set of seats that dont fit my car and am considering buying a aftermarket bracket and making them fit if they use all the stock holes.

Can some one post pics of their front and rear bolts along with the brackets?

TIA

Vince

·
Registered
770 Posts
i hav a pair of dc2 seats in
those ebay brakets dont line up.
well at least the one my friend showed me.
i modified my dc2 brackets to fit

·
jinsoku.com
5,934 Posts
seats dont fit your car? seats are universal. you just need the right brackets and sliders to make them fit. with something like seat brackets, go with reliability and not cheap ish. this is your seat youre talking about and you dont want to be putting your life on the line by sitting on some non quality brackets. http://www.wedgeengineering.net

wedge engineering all the way. they might cost more than the ebay ones, but well worth it. mine match up directly to the stock holes that the stock brackets line up with.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most seats are universal by switching rails and brackets but not the ones I picked. I got a set of leather RSX seats and the rails and brackets are welded on fromt eh factory so I cant really do anything unless I rip it all apart. Its too narrow and too short on the mounting points.

·
Jan/Feb '06 ROTM
1,406 Posts
you should get the mounting brackets(the ones that mount the floor to the slider) from wedge with no sliders...then just have that welded to the rsx sliders....and yes you would need to cutoff the bottom rsx mounts from the sliders

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats what I planned on doing with the cheapo ebay brackets. Just weld them on after I cut off the RSX brackets. I was just worried that they wouldnt bolt to the OEM holes. The rear inside bolt worried me the most.

·
Registered
770 Posts
your worries are correct
i have test fitted a set of ebay brackets
and that rear center bolt dont line up properly
they do use that hole. but the hole was like 1cm off from where it should be

·
jinsoku.com
5,934 Posts
Legendaryyaj said:
Thats what I planned on doing with the cheapo ebay brackets. Just weld them on after I cut off the RSX brackets. I was just worried that they wouldnt bolt to the OEM holes. The rear inside bolt worried me the most.
go with wedge engineering. those will bolt up 100%. oh and if you do weld the brackets to the rsx sliders, wouldnt that prevent any kind of moving back and forth motion for the seat?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
vTecaznracer said:
go with wedge engineering. those will bolt up 100%. oh and if you do weld the brackets to the rsx sliders, wouldnt that prevent any kind of moving back and forth motion for the seat?
I now plan on going Wedge.

Come to think of it, maybe they wont slide anymore. I gotta go look at it again. If that the case then im still screwed regardless because everything is welded on those damned RSX seats.

Hopefully the slider is on the inside and not outside.

·
jinsoku.com
5,934 Posts
Legendaryyaj said:
I now plan on going Wedge.

Come to think of it, maybe they wont slide anymore. I gotta go look at it again. If that the case then im still screwed regardless because everything is welded on those damned RSX seats.

Hopefully the slider is on the inside and not outside.
if i were you...id buy wedge engineering's sliders AND brackets. id weld or screw those sliders into the seat and then the slider would sit in the bracket perfectly. then the bracket will match up with the stock seat bracket holes perfectly as well.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
vTecaznracer said:
if i were you...id buy wedge engineering's sliders AND brackets. id weld or screw those sliders into the seat and then the slider would sit in the bracket perfectly. then the bracket will match up with the stock seat bracket holes perfectly as well.
Thing is though, I dont want to spend a fortune on this setup. I was hoping for a nice cheap way out but its adding up quickly. After all is said and done I couldve gotten some real racing seats that bolt in.

Ill look into it and see what I can do. I know safety is first so hopefully everything works out.

·
jinsoku.com
5,934 Posts
Legendaryyaj said:
Thing is though, I dont want to spend a fortune on this setup. I was hoping for a nice cheap way out but its adding up quickly. After all is said and done I couldve gotten some real racing seats that bolt in.

Ill look into it and see what I can do. I know safety is first so hopefully everything works out.
actually...if you were to buy aftermarket racing seats, you would STILL have to buy sliders and brackets. when you buy seats, youre getting just the seats. nothing else. no matter how you look at it, you cant escape buying sliders and brackets...

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
vTecaznracer said:
actually...if you were to buy aftermarket racing seats, you would STILL have to buy sliders and brackets. when you buy seats, youre getting just the seats. nothing else. no matter how you look at it, you cant escape buying sliders and brackets...
I know but at least they would be "REAL" racing seats and not just some used RSX seats in the end.

·
o SKR3W o
73 Posts
Do any of you know if its possible to mount racing seats further back from the stock location? B-cus I need more leg room, maybe like a foot further back or so. I own a 98 sedan, and plan on removing the rear seats, so there would be no clearance issues as far as that.... PS. Im 6'2"

·
jinsoku.com
5,934 Posts
v6tsohg said:
Do any of you know if its possible to mount racing seats further back from the stock location? B-cus I need more leg room, maybe like a foot further back or so. I own a 98 sedan, and plan on removing the rear seats, so there would be no clearance issues as far as that.... PS. Im 6'2"
not without moderate custom work. theres large screw holes in the chassis of the car meant for the seat bracket. if you were to try to move it back, youd have to drill new holes and since the holes are in different arrangements in each spot, youd have to make a custom bracket...not to mention the seatbelt probably wont be as effective since its not meant for the driver to be farther back than tested.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts