Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp I decided to drop my car. I just hope my dad doesnt notice the difference. I decided on Koni Yellow SP3 due to the adjustable height. However, I still dont know about the shocks. I want a ride that is comparable to stock but gives a more performance feel. Also I dont want my car to be slammed. Just lowered enough so that it wont look 4x4 but also I can fit a car jacker under it with no scraping problems.

So what are your opinions H-Tech or Neuspeed Race? I've read around the threads and I know the quality. But I just want to know what do you guys think is the best route for me to go with in my case. Thanks

·
Registered
630 Posts
Soundt to me like u want the h-techs they'll lower ur car enough to give it the stance that ur looking for & chances are ur Dad won't notice

·
its my Religion
1,393 Posts
how about HFP? I am happy i didn't go lower, This weekend I pulled up to a curb not thinking and my front lip made it over with an inch to spare + I could get a jack under the car no problem, no scraping here + the ride is close to stock. but you are going to pay more than if you went with just springs about $450. for hfp

·
Going back to my roots.
305 Posts
both of those companies are quality......the neuspeed race will sit the car down pretty low while the h-tech is a more subtle drop. it depends on how low you really wanna go. neuspeed is gonna sit the front down at least 2" in the front, 1 3/4" in the rear. h-tech is almost 1/2 that drop

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
shouldnt the comparison be either between:

H-Tech vs Neuspeed Sport (subtle drops)
S-Tech vs Neuspeed Race (more aggressive drops)

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah but I read good reviews of Neuspeed race and H-Tech as for the things i'm looking for. SO i compared the two products that I, myself, would want to buy.

Hmm ok looks like H-Tech is my way to go. I'm not the only one who drives my car. My dad does also so I'm scared he might park and not knowing the car is lowered and crach my front lip. H-Tech should give me enough clearing the not hit the parking curb.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
our cars are so hiked up that any of these drops will be noticed by your dad, unless hes blind.
and the comfort will prob be changed too, so his back will feel it.

good luck

·
I ♥ My Honda
1,891 Posts
depending how high the parking block/curb thing is, u can still hit it with htech... im on HFP currently (purchased neuspeed supercup kit for install next week :D hehe) and i am still reallly careful when i park my car head in because u never know...sometime they are higher on the ground and can still touch the lip. I just park ass in all the time unless i am super lazy and know i have enough space without checking.

IMO whether with neuspeed race or htech, you can still scrape the lip. Htech might be a lower chance of that happening but it can still happen.

BTW, wat struts will you be running? konis? mine as well just get the neuspeed supercup kit... 600 shipped to your door includes springs and koni sp3s. :)

htechs and koni will run you around 675 after shipping :)

well... watever you choose im sure you will be happy... worse comes to worse go with the neuspeed race and raise it all the way up on the highest perch on the sp3s. you should be 1.75in the front and 1.25 in the rear

EDIT** i forgot to add... you can buy my current hfp suspension with around 2000miles once i swap it with the supercup kit :D hehe

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am considering both and am really worried that H-Tech's will still look stock because I don't plan to ever get new wheels.. I like my stock 16"s.. Comments?

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
you don't want neuspeed race springs if you only want a slightly noticeable drop... also neuspeeds are stiffer than h-tech i assume (i can only compare with eibach pro kit since that's the other set of springs i drove on)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts