Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Originator
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I FINALLY GOT MY H-TECHS AND CAMBER KIT INSTALLED!! So far so good...it looks great, rides soo much better and smoother than stock...The steering wheel is a lot stiffer and I didn't notice it before, but I guess my TL Sway with the h-techs are finally kickin in because my turns were never this sharp before. I've read so many threads on how h-techs have improved the over all ride quality, but I didnt believe it until now. I highly recomend this mod. I will have pictures sometime tonight, or tomarrow night when I get time.

Now, my dilema is this.....I want to get some 18's and I'm already decided on what I want to get, but should I wait six weeks for my springs to settle in after my alignment, or should I get the rims now and let the springs settle in on them...I am afraid that if I get the rims now, it will wear on my new tires. What do you guys think I should do?

·
The Poker KING
612 Posts
dj mikel said:
I am afraid that if I get the rims now, it will wear on my new tires. What do you guys think I should do?
Yup, you said it brotha. I doubt you'll have as bad as camber as me, but honestly I'd just wait, enjoy your new springs for a bit, let them settle in nicely, get an alignment then put your new rims on.

BTW, congrats on your H-Techs! Been only 2 and a half weeks since mine, jsut got an alignment Wednesday, soo much happier now that I fixed my BS camber.

They've already started to settle a little bit, hopefully within the next 4 weeks they'll settle a little more.

Anyways, definitely wait, don't be in a rush, for all you know you might find a better deal on rims within those 4-6 weeks! :)

·
The Originator
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lil Tane, you said it man...a better deal probably will come along and thanks for the comments. I have a question though. Did you get an alignment before you the suggested 6 weeks, and if so do we have to...or is this only necessary only if a negative camber is visible?

Kinda off the topic, but do you guys think $200 for springs and camber install is good...It was the best I could find, and I couldn't have felt better about this.

·
The Poker KING
612 Posts
$200 for both is it great price, better than me! I got them both for $210 installed.

Yes, I did get an alignment before the suggested 6 weeks because my case was especially bad. When I got the camber kit installed, the guy didn't tighten it very much which is why it was all out of wack.

As the weeks go along, keep an eye on ur camber and ur alignment, u'll notice if it's bad or not, and if u can't notice anything, then u have nothing to worry about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts