Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked this same question in the 5th Gen V6 Forum but I didn't see the 4-Banger Corner. My bro has a 1996 Accord EX 5 Speed. He has 105000 miles on it and wants to sell his engine to put an H22. How much you think he can get for his F22? He already found a buyer but he doesn't know how much to sell it for. Also he wants to get the H22 Type-S motor. Whats the cheapest he can get it for and where?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
H22 can be price can be around 3 thousand dollars and no more than 3 G...his F22 propably resale it for 1000 G i guess because of high mileage and plus is a crappy egeine..Depend company sale to u too, some lowmilage can cost alot and some have high milage cost for cheap. But ur brother swap H22 that fully load with tramission?...wellll that is wat im thinkin...goodluck

·
Registered
37 Posts
considering the mileage on the engine i'm think he'll probably get rid of it for 700? after all the engine did break the 100,000 miles. i'm almost sure that the h22 will fit in the 6th gen bay because the mounts should be in the same configuration. As for the ecu chip and OBD that's a whole different mess. and that h-motor link seems to be a pretty good deal.

·
Banned
918 Posts
what i know about the swap

used f series is honestly worth no more than $600. I really will not pay more than $400 when I buy my second one for a rebuild, so there is that to think about. H series motor will run between $2500-$3500 since you are looking for the sh motor. 5th gen accords it for the most part bolts right up. 6th gen involves some work, but not too shabby. There is a detailed step-by-step in a SCC within the past year on H series into a 5th gen accord. I'd say find it, and read it. You will need both OEM manuals as well, so your life is easier.

what is wrong with the engine? Is your buddy going to build the H motor before he puts it in? I have almost 150000 miles on my F23, I can't wait to hit 200000.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts