Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about my sub in the trunk and how i want to get more sound into the cabin. I have a 95 so no pass through in the rear seat, my idea is to remove the plastic panel behind the armrest and cut a hole in the seat as if i had a pass through, but instead of a door, make it look more like a speaker grill with the fabric and everything. anyone ever done this or know of a reason why it wouldnt work?

·
Registered
36 Posts
ethlar said:
I was thinking about my sub in the trunk and how i want to get more sound into the cabin. I have a 95 so no pass through in the rear seat, my idea is to remove the plastic panel behind the armrest and cut a hole in the seat as if i had a pass through, but instead of a door, make it look more like a speaker grill with the fabric and everything. anyone ever done this or know of a reason why it wouldnt work?
You have a ported sub box, right?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Du3ce said:
take out your 2 back speakers
Instead of taking them completely out and loosing the mids and highs, raise them up. Unscrew them and use appropriate diameter washers to space them higher. Allowing the bass to come through the gap between the speakers and the back dash

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Instead of taking them completely out and loosing the mids and highs, raise them up. Unscrew them and use appropriate diameter washers to space them higher. Allowing the bass to come through the gap between the speakers and the back dash
i think im gonna give that a try before it start atacking the seat with a dremel cutoff wheel or something

·
Registered
876 Posts
ethlar said:
i think im gonna give that a try before it start atacking the seat with a dremel cutoff wheel or something
Did it work?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea it did, and it got rid of a couple of rattles that i had from the rear speaker grilles

·
Registered
876 Posts
Glad to help. And Im glad it worked!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts