Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks, trying to make the coupe look a little nicer. Came across some sweet looking halo projector head lights, and just the stock accord headlights with black housing.

Question: has anyone run both these style of lights, what works, what doesn't

secondly, any thoughts on spec-d tuning or any other online headlights that are offered on the internet, they seem to be cheaper ?

Thanks members!

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
Why not run both. Retrofit some project with halo and black house

·
Registered
429 Posts
I've heard the aftermarket eBay projector headlights suck major. Better off retro yourself. Or depot black house...they are decent

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've heard the aftermarket eBay projector headlights suck major. Better off retro yourself. Or depot black house...they are decent
yes unfortunately, that's the majority of reviews i am seeing.. I will have a look at depot black house. thanks

·
The Jester
1,352 Posts
yes unfortunately, that's the majority of reviews i am seeing.. I will have a look at depot black house. thanks
Get a set of either 2 or 4 Morimoto mini H1 projectors and ballasts, and either CBI bulbs or 85122+ Phillips bulbs, or the cheaper but worse morimoto xb bulbs.

You'll have to take apart your stock housing anyway to install them, so paint the inside black at that time, or whatever shade of black or anything else you want.

TRS sells everything you need short of better bulbs, including halo kits, adapters, instructions, shrouds, and a warranty.
If you want to step up at that point and go really blacked you can use taillight tinting on the lenses, just figure out where your projector beams through and block that off first, and use a light coat so that the turn signal still shows through

Blacked OEM lights with the clear side markers and clear turn signal plastic are good, but it really depends how clean you want to go per dollar.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Get a set of either 2 or 4 Morimoto mini H1 projectors and ballasts, and either CBI bulbs or 85122+ Phillips bulbs, or the cheaper but worse morimoto xb bulbs.
Hmmm I didnt know you could use cbi or 85122+ philips in the the minih1, I though those were d2s bulbs only.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
use the morimoto d2s. all you need is a dremel to get it to fit

·
Mr. Detail
1,138 Posts
Another option is using OEM style housings, gives it a clean, factory look that for some reason, Honda never did for us.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
scottwax, nice clean look right there. question, anyone "bake" the stock headlights, to get the smoked look out of the stock lights, and run a hid kit? thoughts? this has been plenty of times on trucks (f250 etc)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts