Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fed up with the life of the silverstar ultra's i have had. They definitely did their job and prevented me from really needing to do a retrofit or HID's. But like i said they really dont last long at all. And through my research it seems like the same goes for just about any "high intensity" bulb. Just seeing if anyone else has any other recommendations before i go back to my stock yellow headlights :/

from what I have found the best halogen bulb that should last is the Toshiba HIR bulbs which are now discontinued and made by philips. they comes 9012/9011 but they should fit, i might buy them to test it out.

only place i found that sold them

New Genuine Philips HIR1 (9011) & Philips HIR2 (3rdGen) (9012) <B>-- ON SALE!!</B>

more info

HIR Headlights 9011 9012 bulbs

·
Mr. Detail
1,134 Posts
Phillips Xtreme Vision (I think that's the name) headlights are pretty good for halogens. Really long, wide beam. Light intensity is pretty consistent too, no real hot spots.

·
The Jester
1,352 Posts
Retrofit kit, a few easy steps and a wire across and you have bulbs that will last longer and are insanely brighter.

And you can still use your stock highbeams or with an adapter optionally use the stock highbeams alongside the HID highbeam.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts