Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Mr. Detail
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one thing I missed the most about my Maximas other than always having a check engine light... ;) was the HIDs. Let's face it, even with the Phillips Xtra Vision bulbs being noticeably better than the OEM halogens, they still aren't that great. And to switch to HIDs properly you need to retrofit your headlights. And most readily available kits around here are the full on ricer 8000-12000k bulbs.

Decided to go with Oracle LED bulbs. They promised to be glare free to oncoming traffic even in a reflector housing and 2200-2400 lumens of 5000k light. Not as much as HIDs but I have 1500 combined lumens on my two LED lights on my road bike and they are pretty damn bright.

ORACLE 9006 LED Headlight Replacement Bulbs - ORACLE LED Headlight - Fog & DRL Bulbs - ORACLE Automotive Lighting Products

The contents:

Odd that there were no directions or factory literature inside at all, no directions on the box either but it's pretty obvious what's what and how it all fits together. They even include double sided tape to mount the LED drivers.

Phillips Xtra Vision halogen:

Oracle LED:

The cut line isn't as distinct as the halogens or HIDs, sort of a diffused line but there definitely isn't any glare, even looking at them dead there isn't much and off to the side like oncoming traffic, no glare. The light is very white (I'll try to get some shots later when it is even darker) and the pattern is very wide. Depth is similar to my halogens.

They aren't cheap, I bought mine through Southwest Speed for $169.99 with free shipping. Yeah, some decent coin but less expensive than a retrofit and decent HID bulbs and ballasts. And it was true plug and play, took me less than 10 minutes.

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
Very nice. I wonder if the bulbs will actually last anywhere near 30,000 hours. The warranty is only 2 years... should be longer on the bulbs to back that 30,000 hour claim.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The LED itself will last 30K hours as long as they don't overheat. Well built units should cover this with proper cooling, or thermal cutoff circuitry. What drives the LED will typically fail first. They look great in the housing. I hope they make a big improvement.

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
that's a nice upgrade

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
output pics right meow! Been so curious about these ever since I saw them on VLEDs website haha

Thanks Scott for being a guinea pig :up2: If it'll allow you to sleep at night, VLEDs version is $250. A pair of OEM Osram D2S CBI bulbs cost $200. Matsuh1ta Gen V D2S ballasts cost $170. Projectors around $100-600 depending on make/model low-beam/bi-xenon. So...for $169.99 shipped I'd say you did aiight ;)

·
Mr. Detail
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is how it looks from the driver's seat:

Reactions: Domi_no

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
A couple wall shots, please?

·
Mr. Detail
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A couple wall shots, please?
They won't be that impressive, the cut line isn't very distinct. But I can tell you when a cop crossed in front of me it was obvious he wasn't getting blasted in the face with the lights.

Reactions: HEcreated487

·
Mr. Detail
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One of the bulbs has been flickering (within a few minutes of turning the headlights on), contacted Oracle, they offered me two options:

1. Return the kit and they'd send me a new one
2. Buy a bulb ($49.99) and return the defective one within 30 days for a refund

Chose option #2. Just be easier since the bulb I'm having a problem with (which goes away after a few minutes) is the one I put in on the driver's side that even with an AEM intake instead of the factory resonator blocking access is still kind of a pain to get to. Very pleased with how quickly they responded, bulb should go out today.

And even with the flicker (I think one of the LEDs in the bulb isn't coming one completely), once it stops, the lights are still way brighter than the halogens.

Edit: Damn, just got off the phone with the sales rep, already have order confirmation.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Interesting.. I haven't got a chance to mess with my headlights yet. Bought the car with some preinstalled cheap hid that doesn't even seem bright at all from the drivers seat -_-

·
Mr. Detail
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
New bulb is on the way and should be here on Wednesday. I will say one thing about Oracle, they do act quickly if there is an issue.

·
07 Silver 7th gen Accord
21 Posts
I bought a set of LED lights for mine as well. I got them from a power seller on Ebay but they are sold on Amazon as well. I paid about $80. I love the color, it matches my LED fogs and switchback corners. The output is spectacular, but there is little to no cut off. I havent had a chance to properly align them since its been so cold,but no one has flashed me their high beams in anger... will post a wall pic when i mess with the alignment.

·
07 Silver 7th gen Accord
21 Posts
^ In those pics my LED fogs are on as well, those were just some power seller-USA sold no name brand lights. Color is nice and output is decent too.

·
Mr. Detail
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The cutoff is weird, same as 9006 bulbs but a little higher and the line is softer. But no one has flashed me, and looking at my lights from the same angle other drivers would approach it, no glare at all.

I did get the other bulb, no more flickering. I think instead of returning the bulb for a refund under warranty, I'm going to see if they will just send me a replacement bulb so I have an extra just in case.

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
just a heads up TRS has some LED bulbs now for 100 bucks.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts