Accord V6 Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Mr. Detail
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Dammit, Scottwax. Now I have another mod to add to the list
So nice on my trip to Phoenix and back, the whiter light is easier on the eyes and a lot of the driving was a night.

Reactions: oraclem19

·
The Jester
1,352 Posts
So nice on my trip to Phoenix and back, the whiter light is easier on the eyes and a lot of the driving was a night.
yes, yes it is.

trying some 5500 to see if they begin to become harsh compared to 4300. And should be about the same light output.

want to see this output next to a projector HID though, should stop off in tucson next time you come through! assuming you take the 10.

·
Mr. Detail
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
yes, yes it is.

trying some 5500 to see if they begin to become harsh compared to 4300. And should be about the same light output.

want to see this output next to a projector HID though, should stop off in tucson next time you come through! assuming you take the 10.
Stayed at my brother's in-laws house in Marana when I was in Tucson for my last customer-who is way at the east end of town near the airplane museum. Hopefully going back through in the fall.

Am considering getting projector headlights to make the most of the light from the LEDs.

·
The Jester
1,352 Posts
Stayed at my brother's in-laws house in Marana when I was in Tucson for my last customer-who is way at the east end of town near the airplane museum. Hopefully going back through in the fall.

Am considering getting projector headlights to make the most of the light from the LEDs.
Give me a heads up before you run through, could be interesting to see another not stock accord around these parts, marana is just a skip away.

if you're able to use them, the h1 mini projectors are on b stock for 50 bucks. They may not be perfect, and you may get a lense with a scratch or something, but worst case you can order another set for still a fraction of the cost of the normal A stock set.

edit: it looks like our bulbs are too big to use with the h1 size projectors. You would need a projector that would fit the 9006 size in order to use projectors. Which im not sure exist... maybe the spyder projectors?

·
Mr. Detail
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Don't know. Lots of horror stories about projector headlights giving off crappy beam patterns and so many of them have that ricey LED crap in them now. Honestly, that's getting as bad as stick on fender vents. Just want a normal looking headlight that has a quality projector beam pattern to get the most out of the LED lights.

·
The Jester
1,352 Posts
Don't know. Lots of horror stories about projector headlights giving off crappy beam patterns and so many of them have that ricey LED crap in them now. Honestly, that's getting as bad as stick on fender vents. Just want a normal looking headlight that has a quality projector beam pattern to get the most out of the LED lights.
problem is nobody makes a projector for 9006 bulbs. or anything close to it. except for maybe spyder because they ARE cheap. they know you WONT want to use HID bulbs because they cost extra to put in your new fancy headlights.

although honestly using projectors made for bulbs that were made for reflectors doesn't sound like a good idea anyway. If they do exist, using LED bulbs, made as an alternative for bulbs, in a projector made for use with bulbs, made for reflectors, sounds like a whole lot of KICS not KISS

·
Mr. Detail
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I know biking LEDs are set up in housings that maximize their output to put the light where you need it. When you have a two bulb set up, they are properly angled so you don't get separate hot spots. Whether or not that is properly done for projector housings meant for halogen bulbs, I don't know. But if so, then LED lights designed to be anti-glare in a reflector housing should work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi so I converted all my headlights to LED's on my 7th gen. Everything is working great except the high beam bulb which doubles as the DRL light. Currently I'm getting a DRL error on my gauge but the light is getting enough power to function as a DRL light when the lights are off and works fine as a high beam when I turn it on. I do have those adapters which are supposed to trick the computer and get rid of the DRL erorr. My issue however is that the adapters (tried 2 different sets) give more power to the lights and make them extremely bright (close to high beam then DRL light).

I would prefer to leave the LEDs in there and not use an adapter. My question is there any risk in having the DRL warning constantly on? I can't imagine this really effects anything. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi so I converted all my headlights to LED's on my 7th gen. Everything is working great except the high beam bulb which doubles as the DRL light. Currently I'm getting a DRL error on my gauge but the light is getting enough power to function as a DRL light when the lights are off and works fine as a high beam when I turn it on. I do have those adapters which are supposed to trick the computer and get rid of the DRL erorr. My issue however is that the adapters (tried 2 different sets) give more power to the lights and make them extremely bright (close to high beam then DRL light).

I would prefer to leave the LEDs in there and not use an adapter. My question is there any risk in having the DRL warning constantly on? I can't imagine this really effects anything. Thanks in advance.
Update: I ended up taking out the #3 DRL fuse this appears to have fixed my issue.

·
Mr. Detail
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I ended up a year later getting retrofits and HIDs. Gave my son the LED bulbs, worked fine in his E46 BMW 323.

Proper projectors make a big difference over a reflector housing, even using a bulb optimized for it like the D2R bulbs in my G35. Now I gotta retrofit that car too.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts