Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Honda Accord V6 Manual Coupe
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently purchased an '04 Accord V6 6MT.
When I first got it, I noticed it would get pretty notchy and hard to shift at high rpm (above ~4500), most notably from 1st to 2nd.
I originally thought it was just how the transmission was, but I've had the car for a couple months now, seems like it has gotten slightly worse since then.

Had the trans fluid replaced a week after getting the car. I'm really hoping it's not synchros but I haven't had any grinding so I'm thinking it could be the clutch (First manual car, did wear on it a bit while learning) and I noticed recently sometimes (Not always) there is a quiet squeak when pushing the clutch in.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you haven't already done it Put in gm synchromesh friction modified transmission fluid. ac delco #88900399 There are threads on it. Also slave cylinder delete makes shifting a bit better for some Also threads on that Good luck and congrats on the new car They are fun to drive.

·
Registered
2004 Honda Accord V6 Manual Coupe
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you haven't already done it Put in gm synchromesh friction modified transmission fluid. ac delco #88900399 There are threads on it. Also slave cylinder delete makes shifting a bit better for some Also threads on that Good luck and congrats on the new car They are fun to drive.
I did have another person suggest that to me so I will try that! Thanks :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts