Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oks...did a search, couldn't find too much so lets start this.

What is the strongest/thickest/Hardest sway bar out there for our cars for the rear and front? TL, Comptech, Progress, etc...?

I really hate the boat like feeling, and i want my car to be stiff around turns, and if I'm gonna spend the $$$, i might as well get top notch than to upgrade later.

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts
mog said:
2004 TL 6speed front/rear is your best combination
It might be the best combo.. but it's not the largest... TL 6speed rear is 20mm.. I believe comptech 23mm

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wouldn't it be better to go comptech? since it's stiffer? I'm sort of skeptical on TL, since it's not as thick as the other brands, i'm sure it's a good bar, but i want to go all out, price is not an issue.

·
_
1,648 Posts
sure, go for the comptech, but if you change the rear it might be smart to change the front to one that is designed to work with it....and as far as the TL bar goes, it is nice, i can speak from experience, but at the same time, like i heard someone else say which makes a lot of sense, it wasn't designed for our car, it just happens to fit.

·
Registered
173 Posts
When installing the sway bars, is it nessary to jack the rear end of the car up??? Im little skepitcal of getting under the car while it being held by jacks, Ive heard many horror stories!!!

·
Nothing special
838 Posts
I always use jack stands along with the jack. That way I know its safe to be completly under the vehicle.

Ive had a jack give way, fortunatly it was only on my hand -only injury was a brused ego and a sore hand.

·
Rolling on 19's
879 Posts
I recommend you get the comptech, i just installed it a couple of weeks ago and the car now feels so much tighter at turns and its more responsive. Its just hard to describe how it feels, i still dont know how a thicker bar works but it just does :). And for the price that I got it i cant complain. PM me and i will give you the info. And always use jack stands.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
blu6speed said:
I always use jack stands along with the jack. That way I know its safe to be completly under the vehicle.

Ive had a jack give way, fortunatly it was only on my hand -only injury was a brused ego and a sore hand.
indeed... i always use jackstand, it's a must!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
greddy strut bar...anyone got? or DC (not sure if they have one out yet).

I saw the greddy strut bar online on their website... just wondering if anyone has any opinions on this.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no one running a strut bar?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
i have the neuspeed front strut bar and it helps out a lot. i got it for $99, and picked it up from neuspeed themselves.
before i got the strut bar, i was using HFP suspension with rear TL sway bar, and that was good but the strut bar made the front tighter.
i now can make turns really fast, to the point where i can hear the tires squeeling and feel the torque steer. i mean i could do that b4 as well, but now i can do it with a lot more control :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
wj4 said:
i have the neuspeed front strut bar and it helps out a lot. i got it for $99, and picked it up from neuspeed themselves.
before i got the strut bar, i was using HFP suspension with rear TL sway bar, and that was good but the strut bar made the front tighter.
i now can make turns really fast, to the point where i can hear the tires squeeling and feel the torque steer. i mean i could do that b4 as well, but now i can do it with a lot more control :)
How'd you get it on? I have one now but the drivers side doesn't line up with the strut mount bolts! DId you have to jack it up???Whats the secret?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
tafettawhite said:
How'd you get it on? I have one now but the drivers side doesn't line up with the strut mount bolts! DId you have to jack it up???Whats the secret?
yes, i called neuspeed back because i told them that the bar doesnt fit over the holes perfectly. they said that it wasnt suppose to and they say i should force it in. i ended up putting the passenger side in first and use a rubber mallet to force the driver side to go in. worked like a charm. now hte front feels secure and i can make fast turns without it feeling wobbly :D

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
wj4 said:
yes, i called neuspeed back because i told them that the bar doesnt fit over the holes perfectly. they said that it wasnt suppose to and they say i should force it in. i ended up putting the passenger side in first and use a rubber mallet to force the driver side to go in. worked like a charm. now hte front feels secure and i can make fast turns without it feeling wobbly :D

did u leave the original factory strut bar on the car? btw does the front strut bar make your front camber negative? since the top of the struts are now pulled closer to gether ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts