Accord V6 Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Shift_
1,618 Posts
Actually we have real multi disc clutch packs in the ATs that are fluid operated, letting off the gas removes pressure from the fluid and if a valve is sticking will allow it to "wiggle" a bit and free up.
isnt that why our trannys go bad so fast? i hear its efficient tho.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
What really kills these trannies is that they are friction clutches that just like a normal clutch releases particles, these particles get into the valves and gum everything up, now on the 7th gens and tls they put a filter in there which helps alot, but only if you change it regularly.

·
Suspension Noobie
478 Posts
What really kills these trannies is that they are friction clutches that just like a normal clutch releases particles, these particles get into the valves and gum everything up, now on the 7th gens and tls they put a filter in there which helps alot, but only if you change it regularly.
So the B&M tranny filter/cooler should provide the filtration similar/better to that of the 7gens?

·
Shift_
1,618 Posts
So the B&M tranny filter/cooler should provide the filtration similar/better to that of the 7gens?
thats what i was thinking. i think they go for like 40 dollars or so. not a bad investment for our cars. my only problem is during winter i would want it to go through its normal loop until the oil gets warm enough for the oil cooler to kick in.

·
Registered
272 Posts
hey gang i got a 3.2cl-s with dr.evil bull**** tranny and i got the similar thing when the car is cold the rpm with go up and then it will jerk and it happens when i m slowing down i am running a mobil synthetic trans fluid but after 3 oil changes it time for me to change it . DAMN CRAPOMATICS AND DAMN HONDA ACCORD ECU CAUSE THEY CANT BE TUNED. lIKE OTHER CARS

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
When my trans is cold it slips a bit into 3rd, but other than that its usually solidish feeling.

The problem is you purchase the vehicle with say 60k or so miles on it, and the trans fluid has never been changed. I did a drain and fill on my trans when it had 35k on it, and the fluid looked like garbage. I put a filter on it as well, and the second drain and fill I did at about 45-50k was questionable as the fluid looked soo good. It was marginally darker than the stuff I was pouring in, and the magnet on the drain plug was nearly clean. If the fluid has 120k on it and it and has never been changed... youre screwed.

Keel clean fluid in it and hope for the best. Theres not much you can do... If it fails, 6spd time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2000 accord hard shifts when cold repair

hi there i had the same problem and fixed it real easy the transmission pressure control solenoid was no good all though it passed all the normal tests i swaped it with a used one i found at my local dismantler and no more issues i even took it to several shop who advised me my transmission was gone! good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Jose,
Is the "transmission pressure solenoid" that you replaced the same as the:
"Shift Control Solenoid Valve" shown in this video ?

youtu(DOT)be/uh0CKkqmdiM?t=25

THANK YOU VERY MUCH Jose.
Accord 02 Auto-tranny, high rev 1-2nd gear.

hi there i had the same problem and fixed it real easy the transmission pressure control solenoid was no good all though it passed all the normal tests i swaped it with a used one i found at my local dismantler and no more issues i even took it to several shop who advised me my transmission was gone! good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
bigmoe88 - ill let ya know :) im in the process of doing it right now.
Did u guys try cleaning the solenoid gasket bodies where the screens are before replacing the entire transmission cause if u changed the fluid n it seemed to get worse it probably picked up more gunk into those screens.. hella simple fix n I wish I would've seen it sooner rather then reading all these comments saying to keep drain n filling n then replace if that doesn't work.... someone had to of known better...

·
Registered
1 Posts
lucus makes a nice one but i dont know how our tranny would react to it. just drain and refill and see where that takes you.
I have the same problem with my Honda accord 2001 EX. I have to put the pedal off so I can wait for the 2nd gear to pick up. if I go on a ramp the 2nd gear never clutch, until the car goes down the ramp. sometimes i take the ramp on first manually because the car does no have much power. I cleaned and tested all solenoids A,B,C. all of them. the problem is still on. I took it to transmission repair shops, the owners told me the tranny needs to be rebuilt (without driving the car, only listening to my description of the problem). if anybody already found the solution to the 1st to 2nd gear slipping. please help me out. Thank you.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts