Accord V6 Forum banner

Has anyone done any head work???

1K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  03LXV6Guy 
#1 ·
I am looking into changing my springs and retainers, so I can take it out to around 9,000 rpms and use that power that the motor has to offer. But I can't find anyone who has done it...... :confused:

#6 ·
masterface said:
I hated the rubber bands. They would always break and either shoot across the room or snap the inside of your mouth. :cry:
LOL, i remember those days. They hurt :(

Even if you could some how get your motor to do that, your gonna have to be careful because taking our cars up to 8 or 9,000 rpm will either blow the pistons, fry your gears, or melt your clutch. With that high of an rpm, your going to be causing soo much friction on your clutch that it would get grinded down in an instant. Now porting and polishing your heads, and replacing it with new springs and retainers you will recieve some nice power gains but I wouldn't test going to that high of rpms (your rev limiter won't let you anyways)

#10 ·
r.j-lo said:
I know of a few people on this board that are getting head work done.

People with '03+ V6's?

#11 ·
Well I can get the ECU reworked and remove the rev limiter and redo the fuel map. But its the cams that I can't find. I am looking to make the power to atleast 9k but ours will only produce up to around 7k.

#13 ·
marshallbc said:
I am looking into changing my springs and retainers, so I can take it out to around 9,000 rpms and use that power that the motor has to offer. But I can't find anyone who has done it...... :confused:
I believe its going to take much more than replacing springs and retainers to make our motors rev to 9k safely. The stock crank/rods/etc. wouldn't hold up at that rpm consistently without some major work (too much vibration or heat?). ;)

#15 ·
I just had head work done. Anyone on the NorCal Walnut Creek might have heard it.
I have the 2004 V6 coupe. Black with CF hood and outward angled exhaust. My heads were ported and polished, intake manifold ported, camshaft regrind to Gude performance specs, and they even bored out my headers. It sounds f'ing awesome but I'm not sure on the gains yet. I idle a little rough, but that will ease with the tuning. As soon as I find a diagram to install my V-AFC 2 I'll get it dyno tuned and get you some gains. I'm not gonna say who did it yet because I'm having some customer service problems(about $900 dollars worth). However as soon as that is taken care of, and depending on how it is taken care of, I'll tell you who it was and if they are worth you while.

#16 ·
u2nyr27 said:
I just had head work done. Anyone on the NorCal Walnut Creek might have heard it.
I have the 2004 V6 coupe. Black with CF hood and outward angled exhaust. My heads were ported and polished, intake manifold ported, camshaft regrind to Gude performance specs, and they even bored out my headers. It sounds f'ing awesome but I'm not sure on the gains yet. I idle a little rough, but that will ease with the tuning. As soon as I find a diagram to install my V-AFC 2 I'll get it dyno tuned and get you some gains. I'm not gonna say who did it yet because I'm having some customer service problems(about $900 dollars worth). However as soon as that is taken care of, and depending on how it is taken care of, I'll tell you who it was and if they are worth you while.
hey.. i heard about you from Maurice.. ;) and I know what that site is.. well, let us know and get it dyno tuned to see if everything is worth it..

:up:

#17 ·
:and1: I am curious about this as well, let us know for sure how everything turns out.

#18 ·
The motor can take it fine. It would just need to be done correctly.

#19 ·
marshallbc said:
I'm confused also. Are you talking about your S2000....... or a 7th gen Accord? Since you posted this in the 7th gen Accord V-6 forum, I assume you're referring to a newer Accord. But judging by some of your posts (re: ecu rework, rev limiter removal, 9000 rpm), I'd guess that you were referring to your S2000. So, which is it?

And judging by other's responses, I think some of them are confused too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.